Page 2234 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1234173421342184222422322233223422352236224422842334 ... LastLast
Results 22,331 to 22,340 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by pantherhawkrolling View Post
    Wow, just wow. Hall of Fame? Wentz has not done anything to even put him remotely in the HOF conversation.
    Where did he say Wentz does belong in HOF conversaton? Read much?

Look at every win and loss, you will see a common theme. When Doug calls a balanced game between run and pass and they have more the 100 yards rushing they win every time. When he gets pass happy and they have a 2-1 pass to run ratio they lose. It's pretty damn simple. When you can run the football and stop the run you win games. Its football 101 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Look at every win and loss, you will see a common theme. When Doug calls a balanced game between run and pass and they have more the 100 yards rushing they win every time. When he gets pass happy and they have a 2-1 pass to run ratio they lose. It's pretty damn simple. When you can run the football and stop the run you win games. Its football 101 people.
    Wentz has authority to change play, run to pass, etc., at LOS and don’t think Foles does or he just doesn’t do it as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pantherhawkrolling View Post
    Wow, just wow. Hall of Fame? Wentz has not done anything to even put him remotely in the HOF conversation.
    You are quite funny. I never said Wentz was a HOF. He needs to stay healthy to have a great career. There are way too many people that forget how most HOF QBs grew into their career and how most started out fairly inconsistent. It seems like most started to excel in year 4 and 5. That was my point and that Wentz has actually started off really well except for the injuries. Big Ben didn't get decent for more than five years.

I was a huge Elway rube, but if I was honest he was terribly inconsistent (until the last two minutes anyway) until Shanahan came along which was over eight years into his career. People these days just like to bash current athletes without thinking about real history and facts.

The Eagles also prove how difficult it is to repeat due to injuries and lack of focus. This makes what the Bison and Alabama have done all the more impressive.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Wentz has authority to change play, run to pass, etc., at LOS and don’t think Foles does or he just doesn’t do it as much.
    Maybe Foles does have the authority and he's putting them in better plays.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Maybe Foles does have the authority and he's putting them in better plays.
    That’s a real possibility that I hadn’t considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trent Dilfer was on the Doug Gottleib show tonight and they were talking about the Eagles. He said head coaches have a tendency to get lazy with star quarterbacks. That they tend to kind of gloss over things and expect the QB to pick up the slack, but when a backup is in their focus becomes much more focused and they will spend more time and energy putting them in position to succeed. I'm thinking that might have been the entire Eagles organization this year.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The entire team was playing better. I think Wentz has had a bit more tunnel vision and a lot less pocket awareness this year, but there have been extenuating circumstances. Some of the Eagles fans are going crazy over Foles, but most of them recognize that he is nowhere near the talent Wentz is. Honestly, he was bailed out last night by some poor coverage on part of the rams. Rams made a lot of mistakes. If Wentz had Foles's stat line last night, it would have been a mediocore game for Wentz at best.

Some interesting links the past couple of days, I apologize if these have been posted before-

We have been hearing the injury talk, "having a bad year" (even though the stats don't back that up), etc, but this is a good level-set article - author has him ranked 3rd highest of the young QBs after Mahomes and Mayfield:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...st-four-drafts

More details on his back injury (I didn't know he had something similar but unrelated coming into college):
    http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphi...zs-back-injury

And one on options for the Eagles for his next contract (not if, but when):
    http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphi...entzs-contract

Get him out of Philly, they are garbage people.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯