Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: List of coaches with ties to NDSU?

Default Re: List of coaches with ties to NDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    And a lot of that is lacking here now, in the past, and moving forward I can only assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, if we all displayed an average level of intelligence and copious doses of common sense then what fun would this be? Why would you even come here? /purple

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Totally agree - Coach Klieman is the best coach NDSU has had since I've been old enough to follow NDSU.

Bohl-Klieman was a lot like Mudra-Erhardt except that Bohl-Klieman lasted longer and brought home more national championships.
    So true

If a person remembers the 2009 seasons win/loss record without Coach K.
    And the 9th straight run of semifinals to date with him on board.
    I agree with Cas that he brought something special to the Dome, he is an incredible talent.

Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfanatical View Post
    So true

If a person remembers the 2009 seasons win/loss record without Coach K.
    And the 9th straight run of semifinals to date with him on board.
    I agree with Cas that he brought something special to the Dome, he is an incredible talent.

You mean the win/loss record in 2010 and the 8th straight semifinals, right?
    College of Business Alumnus

I love coach Entz and coach Messingham. I believe with all my heart, they, along with Klieman have out done themselves this year and have our team playing at a level that is almost spooky!

I don't know them personally. I don't know what their special gifts,talents, and skills are. They are obviously both highly intelligent and just know how to get things done. I could go on and on about the laurels and accolades they deserve.

A head coach at a high level for an enormously successful program like here at NDSU has to have the gift. Not every great coach is cut out to be a head coach. At the head of something thing like Bison football you need a bona fide ,"leader of men." A true alpha male among alpha males. Most of the guys who truly fill this prescription are just born that way, and whether they lead a drug cartel,a country, or a football team, they are effective leaders.

Maybe both Mess and Entz are those type of men, maybe they just aren't. If Entz is a man who would be King....Great! If he isn't, I don't want him hired on the basis of familiarity.

Klieman was as nice as a guy could be, but you could also see a tyrant in his eyes. Tyrant in a good way. There is a kind of forcefulness that is good. When guys who aren't really gifted in this strongly assert themselves, it comes out in a way that can be destructive.

The right man for the job might not be the emotional choice or familiar one we already love.

Taylor made a very hard choice. We all know it was the right one. We also know it wasn't at all popular with everyone. He could have just given the job to Gene's son, Sean Snyder. He was already the official Assistant Head Coach.

They did it right. Will NDSU?? We will just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Will NDSU?? We will just have to wait and see.
    Trolling ML or something?

The correct path is obvious to everyone except idiots and trolls, and it looks like NDSU is on the correct path.

You never go outside in the middle of a dynasty if you don't have to. That would be just dumb. We don't have to.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Trolling ML or something?

The correct path is obvious to everyone except idiots and trolls, and it looks like NDSU is on the correct path.

You never go outside in the middle of a dynasty if you don't have to. That would be just dumb. We don't have to.
    Bo Pellini has ties to getting his ass whooped on by NDSU...does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Caruso... great coach but not a good fit at the moment. He really hasn't been connected for a while.

Steve Stanard.
    Pretty sure I was just with Glen Caruso's parents on my trip to ireland. He is doing well at St Thomas.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Jamar Cain is headed to ASU per Bruce Feldman

SOURCE: Jamar Cain the DL coach at #FresnoState is expected to become Defensive Line coach at #ASU.