Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU coach Mike Houston leaving for Charlotte?

Default Re: JMU coach Mike Houston leaving for Charlotte?

They should make a movie about this and call it THE LONG GOODBYE II.

Steve Carrell could play that role of Houston's pregame speeches by shouting "LOUD NOISES!".

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Steve Carrell could play that role of Houston's pregame speeches by shouting "LOUD NOISES!".
    Jeez, didn't know they had Minnesota Goodbyes in Virginia.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not that JMU won’t struggle somewhat from the coaching change, but I’m reading some comments here that seem to indicate they may fall off the map.

At least in the short term that simply isn’t true. Look at their roster, without assuming any transfers out they really aren’t losing anything this year besides a few RBs and CBs. JMU will be loaded next year, whoever coaches it...
    They may or may not be NDSU caliber, but high seed worthy talent at very least

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Jeez, didn't know they had Minnesota Goodbyes in Virginia.
    Wish it was more like an Irish goodbye.

This is turning into the most boring saga since "The Saga of Olaf One-Eye" that tells the tale of his raiding in France in which he can't decide whether to turn left or right at Le Havre and ends up going to the market to look for tea towels but can't decide whether to get one with a floral design or one with embroidered with "I went raiding in France and all I got was this stupid tea towel." In the end, his boat rots on the beach and there is a vicious exchange of letters between him and his shipwright, Ivar Lowbid.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    Not that JMU won’t struggle somewhat from the coaching change, but I’m reading some comments here that seem to indicate they may fall off the map.

At least in the short term that simply isn’t true. Look at their roster, without assuming any transfers out they really aren’t losing anything this year besides a few RBs and CBs. JMU will be loaded next year, whoever coaches it...
    They may or may not be NDSU caliber, but high seed worthy talent at very least
    You're right in alot of ways. they certainly have talent, and honestly now that JMU has built its FCS 'brand', I think maintaining success is as simple as finding a guy who has a cocky ass attitude who isnt HORRIBLE at coaching. The difficult stuff has already been established IMO.

Not unlike when Klieman took over here, yes we needed someone who is sharp on the football side, but we really needed someone who FIT the program as a human being, and Klieman is both of those things x100.

JMU just needs someone with a Napoleon complex who is mildly above average at football and I think we will see little to no drop off for the Dukes
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

JMU has been positioning themselves as the next NDSU, we learned last year that they didn't have what it takes.

Now, they can possibly be the next App State or GSU or something like that. They will be good, but there are a lot of teams in FCS that are perennial contenders but aren't super special.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We are loaded as well but if Coach CK leaves we may be in the same boat- need to keep this years recruiting class and hope QB play doesn't drop off to continue our run

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    You should know by now that my control panel only has one button.

And Charlotte takes the offer off the table... This is nuts.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.