Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    There is a problem with the leadership on this team, of which the upper class men assume some responsibility. There is a lack of unity, emotion and leadership from my observation, as we seem to be getting less than the sum of the parts. We continue to come out flat and get down regularly in the 1st half of games. Some change is needed, no one can dispute that. There is a reason Khys not here, I won’t share my specific opinion on that.
    What is with these cryptic posts? This is exactly where you share your opinion, or why are you even here?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I’ve been following your team closely all year and I watch a lot of your games and attend most SDSU home games. Your team needs to move on from Richman. He’ll get another year (it’s deserved) to turn it around and he might do it, but I think it will just postpone the inevitable. Hopefully next years recruits can get it done or the real issue is the senior leadership and they move on.

Hopefully for the Summit League he can make NDSU great again. #MNGA

There is a lack of unity, emotion and leadership from my observation, as we seem to be getting less than the sum of the parts. We continue to come out flat and get down regularly in the 1st half of games. Some change is needed, no one can dispute that.
    Agreed ... particularly on lack of unity, emotion and leadership .... you can lead a horse to water but if the horse won't drink. Nevertheless I believe the HC is responsible for creating an environment of unity, a teamwork and commonality of purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    I’ve been following your team closely all year and I watch a lot of your games and attend most SDSU home games. Your team needs to move on from Richman. He’ll get another year (it’s deserved) to turn it around and he might do it, but I think it will just postpone the inevitable. Hopefully next years recruits can get it done or the real issue is the senior leadership and they move on.

Well next year we will have one senior and that is Dylan Miller. His playing time has been cut this year. He has not developed as well as most on here think that he should have by now. Question even if he would return for his senior year. That would leave us with Juniors Nnamdi (does not play at all), Jared (plays but is a defensive liability), Deng ( who is getting better but still has a way to go and not getting enough court time) and Tyson (who needs to be more aggressive and lead this team).
    As an outside person, can you expand on your thoughts?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Dylan Miller violated team rules and was suspended for last week's games plus tonight.

533 In a row

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is next year the last season of Richman's original contract ? Looks like he signed a 5 year deal starting in 2014/15. Would Larsen let him go into a lame duck status next season with no extension?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

6 games into the 2017 FB season, I was convinced that SDS had to move on from Stig as they did not seem to be playing to their ability. He did a nice job of turning that around in spite of the JMU loss.

It’s now or never for Richman. Needs to get it back to above .500 this season, and show something by Christmas next year. Another flat Summit Lesgue tourney and I’d be ready to cut bait.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Is next year the last season of Richman's original contract ? Looks like he signed a 5 year deal starting in 2014/15. Would Larsen let him go into a lame duck status next season with no extension?
    Guessing he would get the ax if Larsen wants to go in a new direction, the program is bleeding interest. Zero chance he gets any kind of extension unless it is an extension without really guaranteeing anything.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 02-13-2018 at 08:16 PM.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Well next year we will have one senior and that is Dylan Miller. His playing time has been cut this year. He has not developed as well as most on here think that he should have by now. Question even if he would return for his senior year. That would leave us with Juniors Nnamdi (does not play at all), Jared (plays but is a defensive liability), Deng ( who is getting better but still has a way to go and not getting enough court time) and Tyson (who needs to be more aggressive and lead this team).
    As an outside person, can you expand on your thoughts?
    Can’t. No one knows what’s truly going on except those that are in that locker room and athletic department. He needs to figure it out this offseason, though. Didn’t last year end with the team deciding not to do a post-season tournament because of the way it ended? Not a good look when the page still hasn’t been turned. To me, it just looks like no one on the team enjoys themselves. Richman seems to want to act like Bill Belichick from the Patriots, but without the winning (obviously). It’s just his style.

6 games into the 2017 FB season, I was convinced that SDS had to move on from Stig as they did not seem to be playing to their ability. He did a nice job of turning that around in spite of the JMU loss.

It’s now or never for Richman. Needs to get it back to above .500 this season, and show something by Christmas next year. Another flat Summit Lesgue tourney and I’d be ready to cut bait.
    I think Stig is a better coach than people think. The issue is that fans have to look 2.5hrs down the road and see NDSU. Tough comparison. We’ll miss him when he’s gone.