Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should they hire?

sioux_goo Guest

Default Re: Who should they hire?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan
    [quote author=Ricky Bobby link=1174544124/75#77 date=1174676835]Why would Craig Smith come back as an assistant when he was already an assistant at NDSU under Miles before Saul. *Craig may be kicking himself in the head though. *Craig would have been a lock to get the job if he was still here. *Instead he left and Saul took his job. *Craig is an excellent coach, but it sounds as though it is Saul's job to lose.

I could see Miles hiring Craig Smith at Colorado State if Dave Richman does not go. *Miles needs at least one familiar face. *
    With NDSU being DI now, and Craig Smith needing his masters & DI experience it just seems like a good marriage. *I would think Miles would get someone around the Colorado area that knows the HSs & JCs for an assistant.[/quote]

Craig does have his masters degree.

Miles is going to hire 1) a new face that knows the area/recruiter 2) one familiar face that knows his offensive and defensive schemes (Richman or Smith) and 3) a younger coach like Jason Kemp.

sioux_goo Guest

I wonder why he didnt want to take both Asst coaches with him??

Anyone have any insight to this??

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One (Saul) wants the Bison head job and the other (Todd) likes the school and Fargo. I believe it is more of their own choice.

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am really hoping that we keep Kemp on full time now. He is very well spoken and a hard worker. he has been the GA.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhusker
    I am really hoping that we keep Kemp on full time now. *He is very well spoken and a hard worker. *he has been the GA. *

Yes I agree, Kemp is the man. If you didn't know he was a GA you would assume he was a piad assistant because he is a well spoken confident guy who the players respect very much.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent
    My new short list.....

Saul Phillips-Positives-keeps the system in place and of course knows the players well. Was an assistant for Bo Ryan. Negatives- No head coaching expeirence.

Mike Leaf at WSU-Positives- he has done about anything you can possibly do at the DII level, may very well win his second straight DII title Saturday. Negatives-No DI expeirence

Kevin McKenna asst. at Creighton-Postives- Has both DI and head coaching expeirence, coached in the NCC at UNO and lead the Mavs to 4 straight 20 win seasons. Negatives- I don't know of any but I admit I don't know much about him.
    How come nobody is considering Tom Bileter? He did a very good job as NDSUs coach before.

For those having a bad day, bad week, or just need a quality laugh, check out the link below. *Winona fans trying to justify why Coach Leaf woldn't leave Winona for NDSU, inlcluding the doozy, Winona is better then NDSU because they beat the Gophers and NDSU didn't. *Pretty funny the opinion they have of themselves.

http://www.d2football.com/board/inde...=9398&st=0

Texas Tommy? Sorry, but he would now have a hard time qualifying for an assistants job at SU now. At one time he did real well here but now time has passed him by and he is (IMHO) now not qualified to be the head coach here.
    Bizon football...it ain't golf....be LOUD...be PROUD....BIZON NATION (yes, I stole 'nation' from the Gophers)

If Leaf wants to take a D-I job, he is probably as marketable right now as he ever will be. I'm not sure what more he could do that would improve his options. I found it amusing the WSU fan who said that Leaf has "plenty of money", and therefore would not leave for a job that paid more. Anyone out there ever turned down a raise?