Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big 5, the Mountain West, and NDSU

Default Re: The Big 5, the Mountain West, and NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    The only two footprints that make any sense for travel are the Big 10 West and the Big 12. This is for both the teams and the fans. Not holding my breath.
    This ^^^^^!
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

The only two footprints that make any sense for travel are the Big 10 West and the Big 12. This is for both the teams and the fans. Not holding my breath.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UND-92 View Post
    In 2017 MWC had I team in March Madness, Nevada, play 1 game. So the Conference receives $1.71MM paid to the conference (over a 6 year period). Not sure how the conference splits that up. So the $1.5 MM quoted above is false.
    They have one team play at least 1 game every year, some years they have 2 teams, some years they win some games. All of this equals more cash. They take in a lot more than the summit for CBB. However, they don't take in enough money from this to make the kind of difference ndsu would need. Also it's super shitty to spend mbb money on football imo.

Also you should assume all of the numbers are made up unless he posts articles.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Agreed, NDSU football could fit in at the Big 10 west level of play and recruit, develop and compete. Any other sport??? BBall is a different athlete, The Gophers may have some talent this year but over the past 20 years they struggle to attract good BBall recruits. Can you imagine NDSU trying to bring Big 10 BBall talent to Fargo? Will Not Happen!!! IF NDSU had D1 Hockey it might be a fit, again, Will Not Happen!!! . Football without any other competitive sport "Will Not Happen". Big 10 network money isn't coming to a one sport U.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Agreed, NDSU football could fit in at the Big 10 west level of play and recruit, develop and compete. Any other sport??? BBall is a different athlete, The Gophers may have some talent this year but over the past 20 years they struggle to attract good BBall recruits. Can you imagine NDSU trying to bring Big 10 BBall talent to Fargo? Will Not Happen!!! IF NDSU had D1 Hockey it might be a fit, again, Will Not Happen!!! . Football without any other competitive sport "Will Not Happen". Big 10 network money isn't coming to a one sport U.
    Sadly the sports are irrelevant. Academics are the first impassable bar for the B1G. Market is second. Quality of non football sports doesn't even matter because of the other things that make it impossible.

National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nothing will happen with the stadium we have. I don't see that situation changing anytime in the near future
    The fella that watches the CFL

The only real route to big time fb for NDSU is MWC to Big XII. And that's going to take decades and progress and money and luck.

The B1G will never happen because of academics. We could win every single mbb wbb softball and football NC for 10 years straight and have a 50,000 seat indoor football stadium that we sell out every game and the B1G will still be completely uninterested. They are the public ivy league and we aren't worthy. That's the reality no matter how much it sucks to hear. The big XII on the other hand has much more lax academics.

Also, NDSUs academic profile has sadly gone backwards slightly in the last year, after gaining tons of ground over the last 15 years.

I think a good goal would be giving ourselves the ability to make the decision rather than having it made for us due to inadequate facilities or funding. DII went downhill pretty quickly around the time when we left, and getting caught up in a similar situation would not be a good thing. A giant new stadium probably doesn't make sense right now, but there are some Fargodome expansion options that would get us close to Montana's seating and keep us moving forward.

^ Both posts (26 and Bama) are spot on. Sit tight, keep growing the ‘Bizon’ brand, and try to expand the Fargo Dome a bit. That’s all we can do. If CSU is unworthy of the Big XII right now, NDSU has a ways to go to even get a whiff. Keep making the most of what we have. And after watching some of these lesser bowl games, I don’t want anything to do with the MAC. MACtion is gross …

Also have to try to stop the bleeding academically. NDSU lost several good faculty these past few years to other schools. It appears nobody had a plan for when oil tanked and earmarks disappeared, and the limiting-by-design structure of ND Higher Ed is becoming painfully obvious. Visionary leadership on this front – especially research – is AWOL at NDSU right now, and that’s a big part of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    Nothing will happen with the stadium we have. I don't see that situation changing anytime in the near future
    I think the original Dome plans had like 30k seats. Man that would have been sweet.