Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 WBB Season

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Yes, we could have used Klabo. but don't forget she is a junior. Even though the Bison and Hawks both lose local girls, they both have their share. The Bison got Dietz from Fargo Shanley and Macey Kvilvang, 6-4, F, Cando (North Star), ND in this recruiting class. Kvilvang had multiple offers, including the Gophers, Arizona and Boise St. These two should fill the post for the Bison in the future.

It seems to me the Bison are still recruiting locally but are just not getting all of them.
    I also believe that the basketball program has turned the corner as far as local recruiting goes. I'm still not sold on the coaching staff and whether they will get the Bison basketball program back to where it belongs. However, you cannot ignore the two local recruits in the most recent class. Kvilvang and Dietz are quality recruits and you know Kvilvang will be a stud after a couple of years. Didn't UND recruit her or did they just not get her, coming from their own their backyard? These two along with the other local recruits from last year, Jacobson and Nudell, give the Bison a very solid base of in-state local talent, all signed in the last two recruiting classes. I believe that a program can't get everyone they want nor should they go after everyone just because they are local recruits. Let's see where these recruits are when they are juniors then you can do a fair comparison to Klabo. To me 4 recruits from ND in the last two classes shows that the Bison are recruiting locally and the best part is that they all had multiple offers and interest.

The biggest fish in a small pond doesn't necessarily promise success... Let's face it Our recruiting footprint in Fargo is a small pond. Competition is different here than in Minneapolis, Chicago, or Saint Louis. There's a huge recruiting base in those metro areas that dream of playing power 5 conference, but just can't make it... we should scoop them up, or at least try... And if not, then at least coach up the players we have. A.J. does it, Travis does it. what's wrong here? maybe just maybe... coaching. ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Nobody cares. That is sad. This team is awful. Time to move on. THe good local kids don't come to NDSU. Laughable that she is still employed at NDSU. She is paid well too. Joke. Thanks Lynn! Great hire.

Hard to buy her out when 200 people go to their games. Is she worse at a press conference or on twitter?

Agree!!

Sad how this program has fallen into a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Do you actually think if there were 1500 at the games NDSU would buy her out? I doubt that.

No but having 1500 butts in the seats would mean that there is improvement in the team because people are coming to watch them.

Watching the SDSU ladies play Louisville just made me shake my head on how this Bison team is not even close to them. Good defense and rebounding, crisp passing, good ball handling by the guards and they compete for everything on the floor. Pretty hard to come to a Bison WBB game when every other possession is a turnover or miscue of some kind. Walseth needs to go IMO and I hope ML does not give her any kind of extension.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Agree!!

Sad how this program has fallen into a joke.
    That was a burgundy post from DeHoff era I believe... Walseth possibly is starting something. Sounds like she fully implemented her offense this year. She's had spotty success last couple years. But they need to show recruits that they're truly around the corner. Have to think there are still enough women's bball fans that remember the 90s as I do and I'm not that old.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

I missed the women's game yesterday. I saw they only lost by 11, thought it would be more. How did they play? A real honest assessment, not a complete doom and gloom report either.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    The biggest fish in a small pond doesn't necessarily promise success... Let's face it Our recruiting footprint in Fargo is a small pond. Competition is different here than in Minneapolis, Chicago, or Saint Louis. There's a huge recruiting base in those metro areas that dream of playing power 5 conference, but just can't make it... we should scoop them up, or at least try... And if not, then at least coach up the players we have. A.J. does it, Travis does it. what's wrong here? maybe just maybe... coaching. ya think?
    Recruiting ND, SD, WI, and MN would work if you get the top players and win most of the recruiting battles vs your conference foes. Unfortunately UND, SDSU, and USD out recruit us on a regular basis. We win a few but if you only get the leftovers, you need to broaden your footprint. Otherwise you end up with a D2 quality roster

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I missed the women's game yesterday. I saw they only lost by 11, thought it would be more. How did they play? A real honest assessment, not a complete doom and gloom report either.
    I saw part of the game, listened to part on the radio and caught the post game on SIoux radio.

Go to the stat sheet. In listening to the stats, u think the bison won. Shooting percentage the same. Bison shot over 50% on 3's, made their free throw. Sioux had 4 more rebounds. turnovers were 12 to 8 (sioux)

Game was tied 50 to 50 to start the forth.

Bison has 40 bench points. 19 from Czech young lady, and 13 from Riley Jabobson, Sara has 12 or 13 point on good shooting and only 2 turnovers.

So from what I saw and heard, much more competitive than last year. Bison points and PT is freshman and sophomores. They are young. and hopefully improving.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I saw part of the game, listened to part on the radio and caught the post game on SIoux radio.

Go to the stat sheet. In listening to the stats, u think the bison won. Shooting percentage the same. Bison shot over 50% on 3's, made their free throw. Sioux had 4 more rebounds. turnovers were 12 to 8 (sioux)

Game was tied 50 to 50 to start the forth.

Bison has 40 bench points. 19 from Czech young lady, and 13 from Riley Jabobson, Sara has 12 or 13 point on good shooting and only 2 turnovers.

So from what I saw and heard, much more competitive than last year. Bison points and PT is freshman and sophomores. They are young. and hopefully improving.
    Thank you. I do think they are turning the corner. Still need work .
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    So what happened with Kennedy Childers? She was not dressed last night and not listed on the roster anymore.
    Any word on Kennedy?