Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Seriously go read your 23 posts the vast majority are attacking posters. Word of advice dialogue and adult conversation will take you a lot further on this board. If your first instinct is to denegrade every poster you reply to it is usually a major character red flag.
    Also, I don't think it's necessary that I read my posts a second time. I typed them myself. I know what I wrote. I'm not Kelly Kapoor.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I don't have a problem with rb3 it's just on 3rd down fourth quarter down six maybe you should have Robbins or Illies lined up at RB. They can maybe make a block and still should be able to catch a short pass as well. It was an odd situation to put a greenhorn in.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by BoerneBison View Post
    1. Thanks. Also, you meant "denigrate."
    2. You didn't answer the question. How should the coaching staff handle the RB situation? If Bruce goes down, we are left with Brooks (and injuries) and a 3rd RB. Wilson needs carries. As Moen states, Wilson missed some time earlier this year so how do we build depth without reps? Someone needs carries. I trust that the coaching staff has a better handle on the RB most ready to play. Klieman and staff have been pretty solid so far.
    3. You're thinking about a single play in a regular season game. This issue is larger. We went from an abundance of RB riches to a near-critical situation. Wilson is the Next Man Up. Play him. The kid is good.

I never said that we should not be pulling his shirt this year. We absolutely should be and as I have said in the other thread about it long ago it really is should be a non thought as he can redshirt next year if he doesn't get into the 4 deep.

I did say he didn't look ready to be in there. If it would have been a normal game with the normal number of touches it would be a different story but it wasn't. We were not running the ball at all and it wasn't the situation to get him touches just to get him touches. It is not like our #1 or #2 were tired from to many touches. Pass Pro is very hard to pick up for a young running back heck it is tough for a experienced RB. You are arguing he was ready to be in there and needed to be. He had 3 rushes for a net of 1 yard. He did get a couple catches when we already crapping our pants late in the 4th.

To answer your points.
    1. Yep spelled that wrong, you are right. I bet I spell some other things wrong in the future also so I apologize profusely to you now.
    2. He was not ready to get reps in a game where reps were very hard to come by. We did not have the plays to spread around. We did learn that he was not ready to run the ball though 3 carries for 1 yard will not cut it in our style of offense even if you have the talent to bust one for 80 yards.
    3. We are not in a near critical situation we are in a critical situation at RB, when we are discussing if the 6th string RB is ready to go after very limited time in the program. He needs to get reps but that was not the game to get them and with the 2 backs we do have having experience he should be getting a crap load of reps in practice. Next man up is all great and all when they are ready, and I stand by my original opinion that he was not FCS game ready last week. Running game no, pass pro no, receiving sort of.

It is my opinion that if we are going to hoist the trophy this year, either Dunn somehow heals quickly, or we hitch our wagon to Bruce with some Ty thrown in for change of pace.

I never said that we should not be pulling his shirt this year. We absolutely should be and as I have said in the other thread about it long ago it really is should be a non thought as he can redshirt next year if he doesn't get into the 4 deep.

I did say he didn't look ready to be in there. If it would have been a normal game with the normal number of touches it would be a different story but it wasn't. We were not running the ball at all and it wasn't the situation to get him touches just to get him touches. It is not like our #1 or #2 were tired from to many touches. Pass Pro is very hard to pick up for a young running back heck it is tough for a experienced RB. You are arguing he was ready to be in there and needed to be. He had 3 rushes for a net of 1 yard. He did get a couple catches when we already crapping our pants late in the 4th.

To answer your points.
    1. Yep spelled that wrong, you are right. I bet I spell some other things wrong in the future also so I apologize profusely to you now.
    2. He was not ready to get reps in a game where reps were very hard to come by. We did not have the plays to spread around. We did learn that he was not ready to run the ball though 3 carries for 1 yard will not cut it in our style of offense even if you have the talent to bust one for 80 yards.
    3. We are not in a near critical situation we are in a critical situation at RB, when we are discussing if the 6th string RB is ready to go after very limited time in the program. He needs to get reps but that was not the game to get them and with the 2 backs we do have having experience he should be getting a crap load of reps in practice. Next man up is all great and all when they are ready, and I stand by my original opinion that he was not FCS game ready last week. Running game no, pass pro no, receiving sort of.

It is my opinion that if we are going to hoist the trophy this year, either Dunn somehow heals quickly, or we hitch our wagon to Bruce with some Ty thrown in for change of pace.
    Coaches thought he was ready, trust they know what they are doing much more than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I don't have a problem with rb3 it's just on 3rd down fourth quarter down six maybe you should have Robbins or Illies lined up at RB. They can maybe make a block and still should be able to catch a short pass as well. It was an odd situation to put a greenhorn in.
    Apparently we tried to trick them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Coaches thought he was ready, trust they know what they are doing much more than you do.
    Isn't that what message board discussions are for? Saying what our opinions are and what we saw. If all we do on here is say trust the coaches they know what they are doing this is going to be a awfully boring board to read.

Sorry but Messingham hasn't earned my trust yet and after seeing how he tried to turn us into a Big Sky O last Saturday it has me concerned and I hope He rights the ship back to Bison ball with Coach K's guidance. I remember many saying trust the coaches when Breske was trying to turn us into a 3-4 also. Its a message board and we discuss what we see and think. Unfortunately there has been less and less of that over the last few years on here.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Cause coaches have never made a wrong decision before.

Fanatic....I don't think anyone disagrees. I mean....our other options? You agree he had to play. To me, he is my favorite player right now. He discussed this with the staff, and says....anything to help the team and our seniors. Clearly he is a kid who is still developing his body, his strength, his pass protection, but man do I hope he explodes one and has the opportunity to really enjoy this. To me HE IS A TEAM PLAYER and I root for those young men.

If we had other options, I am sure they would have been explored. Ty was coming off TWO injuries, Bruce was the only man standing. THe other 19 RB's were down for the year with season enders. It is absolutely unreal. Best of luck this weekend to Seth! I was impressed with him as a person. I hope I am impressed with him on the field.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    What people seem to forget is that Seth was out with a shoulder injury and missed a lot of reps on the scout squad.

He’s going to be good. Trust me in this.

For those complaining about him being a true freshman, don’t forget that both Dunn and Anderson were in this position two years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think anyone is saying that Seth is not going to be a good to great running back. The only issue I had with it was that one of the coaches main jobs is to put their players into positions to be successful. I, along with a lot of other posters, just didn't feel that fourth quarter in a big game, down by six on a critical drive was the best position to put Seth in.

Isn't that what message board discussions are for? Saying what our opinions are and what we saw. If all we do on here is say trust the coaches they know what they are doing this is going to be a awfully boring board to read.

Sorry but Messingham hasn't earned my trust yet and after seeing how he tried to turn us into a Big Sky O last Saturday it has me concerned and I hope He rights the ship back to Bison ball with Coach K's guidance. I remember many saying trust the coaches when Breske was trying to turn us into a 3-4 also. Its a message board and we discuss what we see and think. Unfortunately there has been less and less of that over the last few years on here.
    You're right, I should have said something about Messingham turning us into a Big Sky O instead of just trusting the coaches. That would be awesome.

Love ya'. Mean it. I'm going to bow out of this conversation.