Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SDSU WOMEN WIN 1ST NIT GAME!

Default Re: SDSU WOMEN WIN 1ST NIT GAME!

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBisonToo
    How does the WNIT choose where the game will be held? *Higher seed? *Better attendance? *How much money they can generate? *How many turds were in the toilet this morning? ;D *
    Never mind. Read the Argus link and that answered my question - well, all except the turd one.
    "If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf." - Bob Hope

The games are decided by attendance and the bid that the school sends to the WNIT (Triple Crown Sports)
    GO JACKS!

Quote Originally Posted by tdhummel
    I think the jacks game will be webcasted I will update you guys if I get a link
    Women's NIT game to be webcast
    South Dakota State University, in conjunction with South Dakota Public Broadcasting, will provide a free video webcast of Thursday's third-round Women’s NIT basketball game between the Jackrabbits and Indiana.

The live Internet-only broadcast will begin at approximately 6:45 p.m. Central Time and continue through the post-game press conference. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. CT at Frost Arena.

To access the webcast, log on to www.gojacks.com.
    GO JACKS!

I think the Jacks should send Ryan Bakken from the gf herald a ticket so he can see some real women's basketball. Afterall he's the one who said D1 women's basketball generates nooooo
    interest.

89rabbit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WePharm
    I think the Jacks should send Ryan Bakken from the gf herald a ticket so he can see some real women's basketball. Afterall he's the one who said D1 women's basketball generates nooooo
    interest.
    Can't, we don't have any more tickets. * Frost Arena sold out in less then 4 hours (before we knew that we were playing Indiana). * * *8-)

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...27/1002/SPORTS

SDSU game sold out
    Jacks to play Indiana on Thursday

By Terry Vandrovec
    tvandrovec@argusleader.com
    Published: March 20, 2007

It appears the South Dakota State women's basketball all-time attendance record established Saturday won't last a week.

Besides the allotment set aside for the visiting team, all tickets for South Dakota State's third-round WNIT game against Indiana, scheduled for 7 p.m. Thursday at Frost Arena, sold in less than four hours Monday.

The volume of interest was so high, according to SDSU athletic director Fred Oien, the company that handles on-line ticket sales for the school had to dedicate more bandwidth because the traffic was preventing some users from accessing the system.

Tickets also went on sale over the phone and at the SDSU box office at 1 p.m. Fans started lining up there around 10:30 a.m. - before the game's date, time or opponent had been announced. Within 20 minutes of their official release, all 2,100 reserved seats were gone. At roughly 4:55 p.m. and with people still standing in line to buy tickets, SDSU ticket manager Christi Williams announced the sell out. *. *. *. *(read more)

Go State! *
    South Dakota State University
    Jackrabbits

http://cache.nmn.speedera.net/pics2/...0530015132.jpg

GOOD LUCK And thanks for the link for the webcast.+++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by WePharm
    interest.
    Frost would be an excellent environment when it is packed for him... It is loud.
    GO JACKS!