Page 40 of 60 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    If I remember right ISU red didn't really have any signature wins out of conference and beat Wichita once but lost to them by 40 also and then lost by 20 in the conference tourney.

They were a heck of a lot closer than any Summit team has been in the last 10 years to getting in without a autobid.

Now can the Summit teams get better and actually win some signature out of conference games? Sure, but we all need to start doing it otherwise we are just going to keep being a league that is not respected at all by opposing teams, by opposing conferences, by the tourney committee and on the recruiting trail. Basketball scheduling is hard but that is where raising the profile of a basketball league has to start.
    ORU was a first-four-out a few years back. maybe five years back.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    The Summit doesn't need to add schools for it to happen. It's the current schools in the Summit growing in stature and status that will push them past the MVC. Especially if the MVC continues to bleed off their top programs and backfill with schools like Loyola or, gasp, UMKC.
    I'm afraid UMKC is probably in our future once the Horizon starts poaching Summit schools.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    IMO NDSU, and to a lesser but still impactful way SDSU, waltzed into the MVFC and smacked them in the face. I remember fans talking about how it would take the xDSU's 15 years at least to compete. LOL

The xDSU's would do the same in basketball. We would walk in better than 2/3 of their current teams (just like football). With improved recruiting, within 5 years we would both be finishing top 3 consistently (just like football).

Edit: But facilities, attendance, money! BFD, we would be upper half in no time in those metrics as well.
    I think this is right. I'm not overly optimistic a move to the MVC will happen, but the XDSUs would be competitive fairly quickly in BB if it did.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I've heard from people in-the-know that the MVC is targeting teams which will allow it to remain a bus league. I think most of us have resigned ourselves by now to the fact that none of the XDSUs are getting an invite. More difficult to accept is that Murray State may be pushed down our throats in football and we're told to like it. If this happens, I hope the Summit schools consider other options...perhaps forming a new football league with the best of the Big Sky and any MVFC schools that want to come. But this new league would be dominated by Summit teams. I know...unrealistic.

Despite the arrogance over on MVCfans.com, I've enjoyed reading the posts these past few weeks. I wish the Summit had such a forum. I do enjoy when Jax and Yote fans come over here. Even a UND fan from time to time. It would be great to have a central meeting place to have those discussions about issues of common interest, and also to needle each other with smack.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 04-20-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Again, no way we should stand for them pushing shitty teams into the FB conference, stupidity

See what happens but the history shows the powers in the MVC are not smart on expansion
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Again, no way we should stand for them pushing shitty teams into the FB conference, stupidity

See what happens but the history shows the powers in the MVC are not smart on expansion
    They did the Summit a solid by letting UND and USD in, when they may want something in return, you are going to pout?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I'm afraid UMKC is probably in our future once the Horizon starts poaching Summit schools.
    There isn't exactly a lot of difference between UMKC and IUPUI, urban commuter schools with five fans between them. Just stay away from Omaha and Denver.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    There isn't exactly a lot of difference between UMKC and IUPUI, urban commuter schools with five fans between them. Just stay away from Omaha and Denver.
    Agreed. But Omaha and Denver are exactly who I fear will be targeted by the Horizon. Both of them together.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    if only this actually mattered, Patty V isn't the voter. If the MVC wants a shit school I guarantee they will get it. The MVC loves to water down leagues why not start in the MVFC also
    The writing has been on the wall since the MVFC added UND, I just had a feeling there was something going on behind that scenes to get the eastern schools on board with that idea.

Honestly I don't even mind Murray what I hate is that they will now push for divisions based on geography and it will be completely unbalanced. The Dakota schools need to put their foot down to divisions. Zero reason to have them other then the east schools wanting to be cheap.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.