Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

So I went over to MVCFans and Lakes is over there doing his best to make the case for NDSU to the MVC. Couple of thoughts. First, the MVC folks seem dead set against any Dakotas being added. Second, with the trajectory the Summit is on, and the trajectory the MVC is on, the Dakotas are probably better off staying in the Summit as it will be the more dominant conference within the next decade. Finally, we should absolutely say NO to Murray State getting admitted to the MVFC. That's a crappy football program.

Lots of delusion over there about starting a MVC football conference and spinning the Summit schools off on their own Summit Football conference. Funny thing is Summit Football would be far better than MVC Football. Who is to say a school like UNI would be happy with that setup, playing in a second fiddle conference. Shoot, might be able to swing them over to an all-sports Summit League if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    with the trajectory the Summit is on, and the trajectory the MVC is on, the Dakotas are probably better off staying in the Summit as it will be the more dominant conference within the next decade..
    Again, this is incorrect. The Summit has no schools to add that will get it anywhere near the MVC. Its NOT going to happen
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

So I went over to MVCFans and Lakes is over there doing his best to make the case for NDSU to the MVC. Couple of thoughts. First, the MVC folks seem dead set against any Dakotas being added. Second, with the trajectory the Summit is on, and the trajectory the MVC is on, the Dakotas are probably better off staying in the Summit as it will be the more dominant conference within the next decade. Finally, we should absolutely say NO to Murray State getting admitted to the MVFC. That's a crappy football program.
    Yeah, I’ve been following that too. I like how they’re all putting Murray State in the MVFC to accommodate the BB program in the MVC, and then in the next breath they dis on football, the MVFC, and the Dakota schools. Screw Murray State. They suck way too bad for the MVFC.

Lakes is right. They're scared of the Dakota schools and it's more than football.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Again, this is incorrect. The Summit has no schools to add that will get it anywhere near the MVC. Its NOT going to happen
    The Summit doesn't need to add schools for it to happen. It's the current schools in the Summit growing in stature and status that will push them past the MVC. Especially if the MVC continues to bleed off their top programs and backfill with schools like Loyola or, gasp, UMKC.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Lakes is right. They're scared of the Dakota schools and it's more than football.
    So you, Lakes, and I all agree on something.

The Summit doesn't need to add schools for it to happen. It's the current schools in the Summit growing in stature and status that will push them past the MVC. Especially if the MVC continues to bleed off their top programs and backfill with schools like Loyola or, gasp, UMKC.
    None of the Dakota Schools will pass UNI, Illinois St, Misouri St in Basketball, The Summit does not play tough enough OOC and or win those to do that. How do you figure the Summit willall of a sudden be some prestigious respected conference?

Yeah, I’ve been following that too. I like how they’re all putting Murray State in the MVFC to accommodate the BB program in the MVC, and then in the next breath they dis on football, the MVFC, and the Dakota schools. Screw Murray State. They suck way too bad for the MVFC.

I would hope nobody votes to add Murray State. They should be in a non scholarship league.

I would encourage all fans to send Patty Viverito and email voicing your displeasure to adding a weak ass football program to the MVFC. EMAIL: pattyv@mvc.org

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The absolute arrogance of some of those MVC people is astounding too. The non-football schools absolutely sh*t on the football ones, telling them they should drop football and put more resources towards basketball. Their condescending attitude towards the Summit schools, pretty much F-them, the Summit schools can do as they are told or they can leave the MVFC. One of them thinks it would be a good idea to bring in Valpo and Murray State, kick the Summit schools out, start a MVC football conference, and allow Drake and Valpo to play non-scholarship football in the new MVC football conference. I wonder what UNI would think about that because that conference would suck a$$. Holy crap, the dregs of the MVFC (yeah, that's a USD fan saying that) a couple of non-school schools UNI and ISUr. Wow. We're better off staying far away from those looney schools.

That conference is a mess. There is just too much of a difference in philosophy and every time there is a new addition to the conference it is about public vs. private, football vs. non-football, with the privates and non-footballs wanting to increase their influence by adding one of their own. Just screams STAY AWAY.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    None of the Dakota Schools will pass UNI, Illinois St, Misouri St in Basketball, The Summit does not play tough enough OOC and or win those to do that. How do you figure the Summit willall of a sudden be some prestigious respected conference?

Working backwards. The Summit will never be a prestigious basketball. THE POINT is the that MVC isn't prestigious anymore.

NDSU joining the MVC alone makes zero sense. We are unique in our mission and geography. We have nothing in common with the MVC private schools and little in common with most of its public schools.

If NDSU/SDSU go together, I'm on board. Otherwise - stupid, stupid, stupid.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I would hope nobody votes to add Murray State. They should be in a non scholarship league.

I would encourage all fans to send Patty Viverito and email voicing your displeasure to adding a weak ass football program to the MVFC. EMAIL: pattyv@mvc.org
    if only this actually mattered, Patty V isn't the voter. If the MVC wants a shit school I guarantee they will get it. The MVC loves to water down leagues why not start in the MVFC also