Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Default Re: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    even 4PM would be good, get out in a decent time and go in at a decent time

absolutly hate 11am, 1pm games. 230 is ok but still pretty early in the day
    11am sucks
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    If they actually wanted to grow the fan base there's 2 clear options in my opinion. Bigger stadium (in 30 years maybe) or allow tailgating during the game. This is 100% not going to happen. They don't even want to have people tailgating now if they don't have game tickets (based on what TSCF posted from Simmers).

I've always thought those saying TM's is small time were being dumb jerks, but these comments from Simmers are bringing me around to their side.
    Make sure you put the comments in context. Pulling a one liner out of a whole conversation doesnt serve anyone well.

You also have to define WHO wants to grow the fan base and WHO is stifling that growth.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Make sure you put the comments in context. Pulling a one liner out of a whole conversation doesnt serve anyone well.

You also have to define WHO wants to grow the fan base and WHO is stifling that growth.
    I retract some of what I said as TSCF's thread was in smack talk. I still do think that if we can't get a new stadium going the obvious way to increase the fan experience is to allow tailgating during the game.
    Hail Hydra.

This or someone should invent a device that lets you watch the game without actually being there.

That would be f#cking awesome.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    11am sucks
    I totally agree. That is probably the only game of the year I don't get my full 5 1/2 hours in but I still manage to arrive just after 6 am

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I totally agree. That is probably the only game of the year I don't get my full 5 1/2 hours in but I still manage to arrive just after 6 am
    So are all of the games going to be at 11am?

Man those early days sure were different. Heck I remember when teammakers gave out free brats burgers and beer. Man have things changed. People complain and complain and complain but if you actually step back and look at the changes that have occurred over the last 3 years, 5 years 10 years 15 years, It is striking.

AKBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Man those early days sure were different. Heck I remember when teammakers gave out free brats burgers and beer. Man have things changed. People complain and complain and complain but if you actually step back and look at the changes that have occurred over the last 3 years, 5 years 10 years 15 years, It is striking.
    Agreed, we still have a long ways to go though, and lots of things to improve on. Iowa State is the gold standard for tailgating.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I love the 6pm games myself...but don't see that happening...
    This!!!!!!!!!