Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Signing Day Thread!

Default Re: Official 2017 Signing Day Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by WRSDBison View Post
    If I remember correctly (and I could be wrong because I haven't researched it) Calvin was there and gone before Paul Johnson got there and implemented the triple option. I also think Demaryious redshirted a year under Chan Gailey, which means there was no triple option at GT when he signed.
    My bad; for some odd reason, I thought GT had been using the triple-option long before Paul Johnson got there.

Triple-option and spread offense - I can't figure out which scheme I dislike more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    My bad; for some odd reason, I thought GT had been using the triple-option long before Paul Johnson got there.

Triple-option and spread offense - I can't figure out which scheme I dislike more.

Not sure why you would hate the triple option so much. NDSU won 5 national championships running it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Not sure why you would hate the triple option so much. NDSU won 5 national championships running it.
    I won't deny the veer's effectiveness, but it doesn't appeal to me like power football does. I love when a defense's will gets broken by the power-scheme. It's a thing of beauty. The end of the veer at NDSU and the eventual emergence of power football might be the only benefit of a mistimed snowball fight outside of Stockbridge Hall.

In regards to spread football, it might put up pretty numbers, but it takes away the cerebral aspect of a QB and relies too much on having superior WRs compared to DBs.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Teams that run the veer do it because they can't get elite lineman or receivers. We don't have that problem. However I do like elements of the veer and it's super hard to prepare for these days since nobody runs it and you can't emulate it in practice

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Was the veer made less effective when they moved the hash marks closer together?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Teams that run the veer do it because they can't get elite lineman or receivers. We don't have that problem. However I do like elements of the veer and it's super hard to prepare for these days since nobody runs it and you can't emulate it in practice
    It's OK to not be OK.

FWIW

http://herosports.com/news/fcs-recru...g-classes-2017

3. NDSU
    2. JMU
    1. Harvard

Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    FWIW

http://herosports.com/news/fcs-recru...g-classes-2017

3. NDSU
    2. JMU
    1. Harvard

Time will tell
    Recruiting is only step #1.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Recruiting is only step #1.
    Step 2 is participating in the FCS PO's....

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fantastic write-up about the 2017 recruiting season:

http://www.scout.com/college/north-d...ruiting-awards

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Fantastic write-up about the 2017 recruiting season:

http://www.scout.com/college/north-d...ruiting-awards
    This quote from that article is Golden: The Best Recruiter?

Ryan says: The NDSU fans

It sounds totally cliche, but I've never heard recruits rave about a fan base like they do when they talk about NDSU. Time after time after time, when I'd be talking to recruits that just visited Fargo, the number one thing they'd mention to me was how supportive the fans were of the football team and that made them feel wanted and at home. The fan support absolutely made a difference in this 2017 class.