Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Playoffs Round 1

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: FCS Playoffs Round 1

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Sure they had the opportunity but then they could have been accused of manipulating seeds to create match-ups, which sets a pretty poor precedent. I have no disagreement that UND and SDSU could have been flipped but UND was listed ahead of SDSU in release #2 and #3, which came after they admitted they had started looking deeper and deeper into who should be seeded where. If they flipped UND and SDSU in the final selection, with SDSU beating a team with a losing record and UND on a bye, they would have opened up themselves for the criticism of arranging teams to set up certain games instead of an actual "true" seeding of the top 8. After all of the criticism they had already got, I'm not surprised they didn't change anything.
    While I do understand what you are saying, they opened themselves up to criticism all along the way. I don't believe any of the top 4 teams lost from the first release on and I think 7 out of 8 won every game since the beginning so should there have been any changes at all from the first week?? If they would have done their work with the first release would SDSU had been behind UND?? We'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I have a feeling we aren't going to beat Cal Poly.
    We'll beat Cal Poly or San Diego. Our playoff beast mode is returning to the Fargodome.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Seems like there have been many second round games in Fargo with this and that "really special" teams that looked very average (or bewildered ) by mid 2nd quarter

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    We'll beat Cal Poly or San Diego. Our playoff beast mode is returning to the Fargodome.
    Darn right it is!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default FCS Playoffs Round 1

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I have a feeling we aren't going to beat Cal Poly.
    GOBISON123 in disguise?

This isn't Klieman's first rodeo against a triple option team and the ones he game planned against in the past were much better than Cal Poly.

It's the same old song and dance when teams come in during the playoffs...it's like the quality of the Bison is completely disregarded, until after the game.

This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    GOBISON123 in disguise?

This isn't Klieman's first rodeo against a triple option team and the ones he game planned against in the past were much better than Cal Poly.

It's the same old song and dance when teams come in during the playoffs...it's like the quality of the Bison is completely disregarded, until after the game.

Cal poly is a quality team, NDSU is a solid team. Best first round opponent i can remember us playing. or second round whatever....

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Cal poly is a quality team, NDSU is a solid team. Best first round opponent i can remember us playing. or second round whatever....
    I disagree. SDSU in 2014 was the 3rd best team in the playoffs behind us and ISU-R.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    How do you know? We haven't played them yet. They could be another Big Sky team that is soft and fails to live up to expectations of others. The playoffs tells us about quality, not so much regular season games.

Wonder what the repetitive espn commercial will be this year
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Wonder what the repetitive espn commercial will be this year
    Probably the Eagles and Packers MNF commercial...
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.