Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Selection Committee Top 10

Default Re: Selection Committee Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Have to agree; SDSU/EWU would be must see TV. Could be the most entertaining game of the year. Just to see the two best WRs in FCS on the same field would be cool.
    And probably saying two of the best in all of college football wouldn't be an exaggeration.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    And probably saying two of the best in all of college football wouldn't be an exaggeration.
    Between those two and Emmanuel Butler from NAU the FCS has three monster WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Assuming the Bison have a bye that first weekend, I'd be willing to drive down to Brookings and watch a Jacks vs Hawks game.
    What about drive an hour north to enjoy some Grain Belts in the Alerus parking lot?

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    SDSU's TE is a monster too...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    What about drive an hour north to enjoy some Grain Belts in the Alerus parking lot?
    Yeah it's a raucaus scene up there from what I've been told.

Committee Chair with some interesting comments today....

"In my mind, it's simply a poll we did this week," Hutchinson said last Friday. "It isn't how we would seed it today or a week from now or two weeks from now. It's not lost on me that the final poll will be the seeding. Lots can happen in the last weeks. All of the measurables change. It takes time for that to normalize. Until there is a full slate, it's tough to pinpoint that. It's sure fun for everyone to spend time talking about it, but it doesn't matter until it's over.
    Hutchinson said the rankings aren't a lock even if teams win out their remaining games.

"The season's not over," Hutchinson said. "We have three more weeks to improve those kinds of things. Our conversations don't dwell on that. We will continue to have in-depth conversations as the weeks unfold. Knowing that it's public now, we'll be spending more time this week to move in the direction we need to move. It's important for us to be able to justify every team we have slotted."
    http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...fends-rankings
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

In other words, now that we know people are paying attention we will do a better job.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    In other words, now that we know people are paying attention we will do a better job.
    "We read Bisonville and decided we screwed up with the first poll."
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yeah it's a raucaus scene up there from what I've been told.

It has actually gotten half decent this year. Not sure what it will be for this weekend though....

3:00 pm central Thursday afternoon on CFB Daily, we'll get the updated rankings from the playoff committee. DirecTV channel 208. Will be really interesting to see if they change things up this week. There will be meltdowns...just a matter of which fan base!
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken