Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU post game thoughts.

Default Re: SDSU post game thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Answer the question. If this isn't the biggest win in program history, which win is? When is the last time you beat the #1 ranked team in the country?
    2007 -- last game of the season for the conference title and Dakota Marker.
    http://www.gobison.com/news/2007/11/...?path=football
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    2007 -- last game of the season for the conference title and Dakota Marker.
    http://www.gobison.com/news/2007/11/...?path=football

So the choice is between NDSU and NDSU for their biggest wins in program history. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by JackEFann View Post
    And may I say that the dumbass reactions about dicks and dropping the f-bomb about this and that just proved my point about some in your base? You lost, guys. It's one game. It's not really about manhood. Or is it?
    I would have to say, no, its not.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Don't flatter yourself, we've played with our balls a long time in Brookings and have had any number of bigger wins in program history, many of them over USD when you guys were the laughingstock of the universe. As for the dick comment... there seems to be a lot of dick commentary on this site. Wonder what that's about?
    OK Master Jack, I'll take the bate and fix your post.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Don't flatter yourself, we've played football a long time in Brookings and have had any number of bigger wins in program history, many of them over USD when you guys were the laughingstock of the universe. As for the dick comment... there seems to be a lot of dick commentary on this site. Wonder what that's about?
    JackEFann what ..., Bison should not flatter themselves because Jacks have have bigger win in program history compared to Bison ?? Okay you take your biggest wins in program history against the Cyotes we will take National Championships....what an ignorant fool you are.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Thanks for asking. Here's the point on "the biggest win in Jacks' program history" crapola from earlier in this string...

It's a long history, and whether you believe it or not, Bisonville is not currently nor has it ever been at the center of our football universe in Southern Dakota... ... ... The whole attitude the Jacks are taking now is that it was a big road win over a great team that we have struggled lately to beat, but that it was just one win and many more are necessary to get where we want to be. Which is what good teams and mature fan bases do. You guys just needed a little reality check. We delivered it.

I certainly respect what you have accomplished - it's been an incredible run, and you may indeed continue it this year, and that is a part of your history that - pardon for my presumption - you ought to be mighty proud of. But if you were really honest about it, you'd understand that to the great big world outside Bisonville some - not all - posters here seem immune to the idea that you're not entitled for it to last forever, and you are certainly not entitled to declare for us what our biggest wins ever are.

While unprecedented and great (enough genuflecting?), this run has given some in your fan base the reputation that your crapola can never stink. And that respecting opponents is somehow a denial of your own greatness.

I wasn't at the game but know a Jacks fan who was, and he said he sat behing the singly most obnoxious person he had ever met, in any venue, anyplace. He said he was heartened by good Bison fans around him who apologized as he was leaving the game. That's mutual respect and the sign of a respectful rivalry, and the fact that Bison fans did it after a tough loss is mighty impressive.

As for the era of Bison as laughingstock, I can't believe that I have to deliver a history lesson here, but how about this? You guys won a total of 30 games over the entire Truman, Eisehnower and Kennedy administrations - 30 games in 15 years, with three winless seasons thrown in the midst, topped by the 0-10 stinker in 1962 in which, you lost consecutively to Minnesota-Moorhead and Concordia-Moorhead.

I know, I know, ancient history, Division II, blah-blah, and spew that with impunity... I expect it from some of your colleagues here....

But before your fellow Bisonville residents start pronouncing about our greatest wins, remind them these things come and go, and the axis of our world does not hinge on 100 yards in Fargo....

We just took a notch off your swagger with one game, is all. Live with it. Peace.
    If Bisonville had a Constitution, this would be the 1st Amendment.

We whipped NDSU 2 weeks ago, and are in their head. Like Wolters choosing SDSU over NDSU and making SDSU the premier basketball program in the Dakotas, Taryn has turned the tide in football as well. They. Just. Can't. Admit. When. SDSU. Is. Better. Based on what I saw 2 weeks ago, Taryn won't lose to NDSU again. We pushed them around, for the first time in 8 tries NDSU looked SOFT. Hell, Cal Poly from the Big Fluffy was tougher than NDSU. Now watch them freak out, because all of the above is true and they know its true.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well hell since the tide has turned and SDSU is now the greatest team in the history of the Dakotas after "just another win," I'm sure hoping this reduces the early fall tailgate line.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    OK Master Jack, I'll take the bate and fix your post.
    Thanks, what a way with words you have! So funny!

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    JackEFann what ..., Bison should not flatter themselves because Jacks have have bigger win in program history compared to Bison ?? Okay you take your biggest wins in program history against the Cyotes we will take National Championships....what an ignorant fool you are.
    Question: In how many conversations have you dropped in the line, "When I played on special teams on our 9-man league co-champs back in....." (See how I didn't double my "haves" there? Do two haves make a whole?)

How did Wolters NBA career turn out? I remember getting lectured regarding that