Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU post game thoughts.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU post game thoughts.

rewatched the game, and whoever was ripping on Allison needs to get his head examined. Made some big plays including breaking up a 4th down TD pass.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    rewatched the game, and whoever was ripping on Allison needs to get his head examined. Made some big plays including breaking up a 4th down TD pass.
    the knock i have on Allison is he's a little over zealous...On that big 4th down pass breakup he was celebrating before the ball even hit the turf. Weineke had a legit chance at catching that when he dove. Saw the same damn thing when Grimsley dropped the int in the end zone. Had to try to hold the ball up before it was even secured. i'm all about energy and enthusiasm when playing, but at the end of the day your play has to do the talking.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Unless you guys loose another game or two I will just chock this up as the old NDSU loosing on purpose once a year to keep their players grounded strategy.

Pretty much sums it up.

Praying substitute off. coordinator polasek isn't in line for next head coach spot.

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    Yeah....5 seconds, and while I am not, in any way blaming the ref(s), but I am sick of this crew, and that ref-in-the-white-hat!! All that shiest-kopf ever does is put time back on the clock...constantly talking to the folks upstairs...WTF?? Guy has a clock-fetish!

Snapping the ball with 16 seconds left on play clock on our last drive is what lost that game!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    This.

Everybody's just a few plays from being 0 for or 1 for. We have played one of the toughest schedules in FCS. UNI is 2-4 with only a slightly higher SOS.

SDSU is one of the best losses we've had in years.

Second that last emotion

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I thought the secondary had a decent game. They gave up yards but those guys are studs and they are going to get their catches. Plus the secondary had no help from the d line. Their QB had all day yet we didn't see many WR streaking wide open down the middle of the field like we did against EWU. They gave up a tone of yards but considering they got absolutely no help from the offense in the second half, they did more than enough to keep us in the game.

I was on record of saying that nothing about SDSU scared me. We've seen better receivers and a QB, they couldn't run on us and their defense sucked. Well they really proved me wrong. The WR's and QB's are kind of a wash. I still think Kupp and the EWU guy is a better combo but SDSU's is right there. And the TE is a monster. He's a matchup nightmare. I was more disappointed in our D and O lines. They both got pushed around and established nothing. We got beat by at our deepest positions and that's what's most discouraging about this game. Can't wait to see how they react to a strong W. Illinois team. If they dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides, we'll be okay. But if they get pushed around again, we could have a very rough stretch in our schedule.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JackEFann View Post
    Second that last emotion

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I thought the secondary had a decent game. They gave up yards but those guys are studs and they are going to get their catches. Plus the secondary had no help from the d line. Their QB had all day yet we didn't see many WR streaking wide open down the middle of the field like we did against EWU. They gave up a tone of yards but considering they got absolutely no help from the offense in the second half, they did more than enough to keep us in the game.

I was on record of saying that nothing about SDSU scared me. We've seen better receivers and a QB, they couldn't run on us and their defense sucked. Well they really proved me wrong. The WR's and QB's are kind of a wash. I still think Kupp and the EWU guy is a better combo but SDSU's is right there. And the TE is a monster. He's a matchup nightmare. I was more disappointed in our D and O lines. They both got pushed around and established nothing. We got beat by at our deepest positions and that's what's most discouraging about this game. Can't wait to see how they react to a strong W. Illinois team. If they dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides, we'll be okay. But if they get pushed around again, we could have a very rough stretch in our schedule.
    My concerns were just some fundamental flaws that can still be fixed. A TE catching a 8 yard pass and turning it into 25 because of poor tackling technique. I know he is a beast, but solid tackling will still limit the YAC. The other is SDSU hasn't changed over the years. They only have 3 guys that carry their offense. Sure the names change, but it is still limited to 3. Make sure it isn't one of those 3 that beat you. Make it be someone else. I don't think our defense did much more than play mostly straight up, so there is still a lot of magic still in the bag if we were to see them again.

I was listening to the Insiders this AM, and Jeremy nailed it yesterday. SDSU put everything on tape; it is all out there now. They have a very good Youngstown team coming to town, and if it was not for Youngstown playing a 4th string QB, I'd be predicting an SDSU loss. As it is, they will find a way. If NDSU plays them again, you know the coaches will be ready.