Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Postgame thoughts

Default Re: EWU Postgame thoughts

On a positive note. It was one of the most exciting games I have ever watched. Easton Stick was total money today. Kid is the real deal. At one point has was 80 percent on 3rd down which was even more amazing given the lack of production on 1st down. Other than a few calls, overall Polasek called a good game. Need to do better on 1st down.

As much as we are disappointed in our defense... Our offense was just as good as EWUs offense. We put up 50 despite the most penalized game in my recent memory. We had a dropped TD pass so we shouldn't have even gone to OT. Morlock would have scored but his helmet came off

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    We won't win next week with the rinky dink offense, I can tell you that.
    If NDSU plays their (Bison) brand of football, they have a chance. The past two games, we adjusted schematics to fit the opposing teams' brand.

NDSU has won many games playing Bison football. Stick with what works and let the other team adjust their schematics.
    Hail the BISON!!!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This team just seems full of itself. Coaches with clueless gameplans, players having poor discipline and showboating, terrible clock management.

And WTF was with the refs? Did you see what you saw or not? Why does it take a conference and a minute or two to make even the simplest calls? Ridiculous.

Videoboards really improved the Fargodome experience. Hard to read stats though.

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ewuranger View Post
    I'll echo that. Let's do it again in the playoffs...this time in Cheney.
    Y'all don't wanna see bison playoff football.

My thoughts:
    1. You give a QB 5-6 seconds, someone is going to get open. I get the reluctance to send more than 3 or 4 at the QB with 4 or 5 receivers running down field, but when we either blitzed or got pressure on the QB, he moved his feet and got way less accurate. Also led to some sacks. We could have taken some more chances and tried to make them change their game with more blitzes. Something would have to give and the way it was going, we were the ones doing all the giving.
    2. I thought the safeties should have stayed over the top. EWU receivers were looking all-world because our safeties were playing underneath and got out of position when they had to turn and find the receiver. Again, 5-6 seconds to throw puts a lot of guys in funky positions.
    3. Our running game looked very good early and it bothered me we weren't staying more between the tackles. Our o-line was standing them up right away in the game. We can kill teams with our patience and accepting 4 yards a carry but we aren't staying with that when we had it going. It also sucked when Frazier had a first down and gave it back trying to get more.
    4. We were clearly the better team for the 1st half of the game. Penalties and strange things happening like weird spots of the ball were not helping and killed the flow. We could have put them away early but let them stick around. Some of it really felt like the refs were helping them stick around. I have no doubt the next step is gaining the confidence to put teams away and keep them away.
    5. This playing ranked FCS teams early in the season is good for this football team. We have seen our defense take a little time finding an identity every season and being 2-0 against good teams while still figuring that out is pretty good. If you are the rest of FCS, you don't want to see the Bison challenged early and having all of their weaknesses shown right away. We tend to do a pretty good job learning from those mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    Y'all don't wanna see bison playoff football.
    It's kinda like the Bison in OT except for a full four quarters.

PGT had a bad game covering the slot WR in this game. Not going to bash him but hopefully he makes some improvements.

I guess that is the nature of the Tampa-2 with the OLB covering the slot. But hats off to the WR corp of EWU.....they were good.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    It's kinda like the Bison in OT except for a full four quarters.
    ^^^this. After seeing it against CSU I figured they would step it up. Can't always hope to make it to OT. Gotta do it all game long.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'll bite:
    *Officiating was bad, especially in the second quarter. It was like they had been assigned to ref without ever seeing a game in person. Painful.
    *Bison defensive game plan with the 3 man rush was dumb. But the failure to adjust by the start of the second half should have been fatal. We got damn lucky.
    *Offense put up some points today. Stick is 10-0, and Dunn showed some flashes.
    *Deluca is a monster.

I'm not as confident as I was before about Iowa, but I think we still have a chance if we start putting it together. Offense can score points, just can't let Iowa win in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Well that woman was standing right there and she said Legendowski caught it.

A woman is never wrong I learned that years ago.
    That woman was also the official that called Deluca for a personal foul for apparently wrestling the QB to the ground too hard.