Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Pregame Thread

Default Re: EWU Pregame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Towson was the semi game where Adams got stuffed on the goal line and they were out of timeouts so time ran out. They would have had another play if he would have thrown it away.
    Adams didn't get stuffed at the goal line at the end of the game. With about 1:30 left EW went for it on 4th and 2 from about their 28 and Adams overthrew a wide open Kupp by about 6" at the 10 and Towson drove down and scored with 0:17 left. Subsequent possession Adams threw an interception to end the game.

5 conference titles later...
    5 national championships later...
    72 wins later...
    Watching the end of that game still hurts. I think the players will have extra motivation for this one. Sure, none of them were here when that game happened. But you always hear players talk about how they play for their brothers that played before them. Add to it that this was our last and only playoff loss in our FCS history and I have to believe that players and fans like will be extra pumped up.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

I don't think the players will be worried at all about what happened in 2010

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    5 conference titles later...
    5 national championships later...
    72 wins later...
    Watching the end of that game still hurts. I think the players will have extra motivation for this one. Sure, none of them were here when that game happened. But you always hear players talk about how they play for their brothers that played before them. Add to it that this was our last and only playoff loss in our FCS history and I have to believe that players and fans like will be extra pumped up.
    ^this here

I know the circumstances kind of sucked with a questionable call at the end of that game, and I'm sure those players would have loved to get another shot at them. But I gotta think that the bolded above would heal just about any kind of pain or bitterness.

I had started a pretty lengthy post earlier about the adventure my dad and I had on that memorable trip to "The Tampon" in 2010. If any of you are interested in hearing about it, and maybe sharing some of your own thoughts and stories about it, let me know and I'll have a story time.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Anyone else feel like we'll see what our D line is really all about in this game? With a spread em out chuck the pigskin offense, I gotta think our guys are going to pin their ears back and get after that QB. IIRC from what I might've read somewhere, don't these guys have a pretty young line as well? Corners gotta cover for just long enough, and it should be a long day for the kid under center......err I mean in shotgun.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Anyone else feel like we'll see what our D line is really all about in this game? With a spread em out chuck the pigskin offense, I gotta think our guys are going to pin their ears back and get after that QB. IIRC from what I might've read somewhere, don't these guys have a pretty young line as well? Corners gotta cover for just long enough, and it should be a long day for the kid under center......err I mean in shotgun.
    The d-line is going to need to dominate their young offensive line. Should have lots of pressure and be able to confuse them with blitzes. Not sure what to think about moving Grimsley down to cover the slot receiver in nickel packages. Really hope Kelley and dom Davis can figure out the defense and make an impact

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    He's still around AGS apparently. Last login was almost a month ago. Maybe he'll peek his head up as the game draws closer.
    Last time Screaming Beagle was on AGS he was trying to drum up money for a funeral. Other than that hes been gone for sometime.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

^this here

I know the circumstances kind of sucked with a questionable call at the end of that game, and I'm sure those players would have loved to get another shot at them. But I gotta think that the bolded above would heal just about any kind of pain or bitterness.

I had started a pretty lengthy post earlier about the adventure my dad and I had on that memorable trip to "The Tampon" in 2010. If any of you are interested in hearing about it, and maybe sharing some of your own thoughts and stories about it, let me know and I'll have a story time.
    If the D would have stopped them from marching down the field and scoring we wouldnt have needed last minute heroics. We couldnt finish which put us in a position that you never want to be in---you never put yourself in a position where the officials can determine the outcome of a game.
    I think people forget that EWU ran up almost 200 yards on the ground in there first 3 possessions.

Was it a questionable call? Yep. But thats part of the game. Those call dont always go your way. But we shouldnt have been in that position to begin with.

We were also the last team picked for the playoffs that year. We had an iffy record and as they say---we backed in to the playoffs.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I don't think the players will be worried at all about what happened in 2010

BULL CRAP. they already talking on social media to former 2010 players... Brock, Ryan smith, M Will, Gatling, DJ etc... THEY WANT NDSU TO CRUSH EWU HARD
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Key to the game right there. If we cant pressure them with our front 4 going to be a close and frustrating game. If we do the Bison should roll them up pretty good.