Page 63 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I'm not sure about the practice squad but this puts John in a tight spot. It's now Lacy, Starks and Crockett in that order. Kuhn's contract is up but they do have Ripkowski on roster. I'm not sure if Kuhn is done, he's been signing 1 year contract extensions for a couple years now. If he re-ups again that spells bad news for Crockett because they are holding on to the FB position. I hate to say it but if he holds onto his roster spot, it still may take an injury for him to see playing time.
    Can Crockett go back to the practice squad without a release/waivers? I don't know the rules for that in the NFL.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Can Crockett go back to the practice squad without a release/waivers? I don't know the rules for that in the NFL.
    Everyone must be released and go through waivers prior to signing onto the practice squad in the fall. Crockett does qualify to be assigned to the practice squad, but GB would risk someone else picking him off waivers and assigning him to their 53 man roster.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    I'm just more concerned about the log jam at that position and how many spots they have available with Lacy, Starks, Kuhn, and Ripkowski.
    I'm not too concerned with the Fullback situation. If they choose to roster 2 I don't think they will automatically take a spot from the RB group, and I'd be shocked if they didn't hold 3 spots for the RBs. If both Starks and Lacy are healthy the third RB will probably be a healthy scratch come game day. However, if either of them are out (likely to happen at some point) you would want your third RB available. Biggest question mark for me is if they will hold onto a fourth RB via the practice squad. I'd say likely, but far from certain.

Bring on the competition. Crockett pulled it off once, he can do it again.

Looks like Eddie Lacy has gotten serious about his waist line:

http://thebiglead.com/2016/03/24/edd...-slimmed-down/
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post

As a Broncos fan, I can attest that Hillman isn't in Crockett's league.
    Hail the BISON!!!

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post

Love JC, and wish nothing but the best for him and his career...but as a Vikings fan, I love hearing that the Packers could be in trouble.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post

That is the bottom line in the NFL. If you are not a starter, you better find another way to become valuable to an organization. 99.9% of the time that means special teams. Then when you get a chance to show off your skills on the field on offense or defense, you work towards a starting role and become too valuable for special teams. I want JC to succeed, but there are a lot of guys who can be the third back in a system AND contribute at a high level on special teams. Guys like Matt Asiata get a lot of crap from Vikings fans, but his value on the team is first as a blocker on special teams. That is why the Vikes keep bringing him back. His contributions in the offensive game plan can be replicated by a lot of different guys. The willingness to block on special teams is another story.