Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: NDSU Pro Day/Zach Vraa

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU Pro Day/Zach Vraa

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Vraa sometimes disappeared in games where he was covered by a top tier FCS corner. He will never have to buy a beer in Fargo again, but you guys need to be a bit more realistic.
    Bump....from 2/17. Calm down people.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I'm no longer a big Vikings fan because they are a terrible organization and have figured out a way to not only lose, but lose in mega dramatic ways that sting for years. However Vraa not getting an offer has nothing to do with that.

Vraa would be a good NFL posession receiver. Kind of a poor man's Cris Carter. He just needs to find a team with the right fit.
    He looked slow at times this past season

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    He looked slow at times this past season
    It was even suggested by one of our illustrious posters early in the season that he shouldn't have come back for his sixth year. Personally I think he made several clutch catches and I am glad he returned.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    Man, I like Zach Vraa but some of you guys are being complete homers on this subject.
    It's not just Vraa it's all ex Bison.

When Miami signed Jensen posters were talking about buying tickets to see him play, because he was obviously going to beat out Tannehill. One poster even mentioned something about Jensen taking the Dolphins the Super Bowl.

Billy Turner would be a steal if he slipped out of the 2nd round.

Vraa is a poor man's HoF'er.

It's perfectly fine for the Rams/Eagles to make horrible trades if they're trading for Wentz.

Basically all Bison could play in the NFL the were given a chance, found the right team, etc.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    It's not just Vraa it's all ex Bison.

When Miami signed Jensen posters were talking about buying tickets to see him play, because he was obviously going to beat out Tannehill. One poster even mentioned something about Jensen taking the Dolphins the Super Bowl.

Billy Turner would be a steal if he slipped out of the 2nd round.

Vraa is a poor man's HoF'er.

It's perfectly fine for the Rams/Eagles to make horrible trades if they're trading for Wentz.

Basically all Bison could play in the NFL the were given a chance, found the right team, etc.
    ^This. No purple needed.*

*purple
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Zach is awesome. He gave us amazing memories and he got himself a degree and will have a happy life with or without football.

That's just fine with me.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Zach Vraa isn't on an NFL roster right now because he is 24 years old and has plates in both collar bones.

Other than that, he is an excellent and talented receiver with ample athleticism to be effective. He is also highly intelligent and has great character.

The examples of successful NFL WR's who are shorter,slower,and weaker than Zach ,and others who are stupid or criminals are too many to list.

You don't have to go back 50 years to find a comparison. Danny Amendola just got a new contract with the Patriots; and he has durability and age issues as well. Compare Zach's athleticism and size to Danny...http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2008&genpos=WR Ran a 4.7

Or if you prefer, Julian Edelman...http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2009&genpos=WR

I have already used the Dolphins Landry in a previous post. He made the NFL top 100 btw. Ran a 4.7

DeAndre Hopkins was one of the leagues best last year. Ran a 4.57

Laquon Treadwell ran a 4.65 this year and was the consensus top receiver in the draft by most of the pundits throughout the process.

These guys are successful because they win at the point of contention and they catch the ball . They do what a receiver is supposed to do.....they receive. Nobody is better at catching the football than Vraa. A lot of guys are just as good, but nobody out there is notably better at bringing it in than Vraa.

It's the age and injury history, not talent or athletic ability that is holding him back.

I don't like the cheifs, but they really could use a guy like Vraa.

You guys saying that you just don't see NFL talent in Vraa are blind. Go back and watch the tape; with your eyes open this time.
    Vraa was a great receiver, but he has neither the athleticism nor speed to make an NFL roster. And there is nothing wrong with that. You can take off the green and gold glasses anytime.
    COACH BOHL: We have a great, rich tradition at North Dakota State. The school has won eight National Championships in football. And so we've got a lot of pride, not only with these guys ‑‑ and D.J. alluded to it ‑‑ Bison pride. That goes all the way back to the '60s, I believe 1965.

Where would Andrew Bonnet fit into an NFL lineup?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post

I'll hang my hat on this one. If I'm wrong, maybe it was the green and gold goggles, but I don't think I am. If Wentz ends up being the quarterback I think he will, nobody is going to call that a horrible trade. You guys can bump this post in a few years when/if I'm wrong.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Where would Andrew Bonnet fit into an NFL lineup?
    Bonnet, IMO, has the best chance of the undrafted Bison players to stick on a roster. He's versatile. He can play FB, TE, H back. That's a guy you would like to roster. Ultimately I think he needs to prove he can contribute on special teams. If he can do that tho, I like his chances.