Page 1094 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 94594994104410841092109310941095109611041144119415942094 ... LastLast
Results 10,931 to 10,940 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    NO NFL TEAM wants their QB to be their leading rusher. That's not my point.
    The NFL is highly interested in quarterbacks that can scramble and avoid being sacked. Further, if they are going to take a sack................minimize the damage.

ANOTHER RELEVANT COMPARISON:

In Goff's final two seasons (25 games), he was sacked 54 times (2.16 times per games) losing 418 yards. (-7.74 yards lost per sack) THAT'S A BIG NUMBER)

In Wentz's final two seasons (31 games), he was sacked on 36 times (1.16 times per game) losing only 203 yards (5.6 yards lost per sack).

So...............NFL leading rusher candidate..............Fuck no.
    Being mobile enough to avoid sacks and in the process picking up some valuable yardage........Fuck yeah.
    Running threat from the qb position keeps the defense "honest" and should make passing easier

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Bison View Post
    right above university
    Yep. Right next to John Crocketts, JC lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    Goff went 9-22 against "Power Five" competition
    Yeah but Gruden pretty much said the Cal O-line sucked and their Offensive scheme didn't make much sense

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Bison View Post
    right above university
    Oh. Whose is on the right side of the ball just to the right of #32? It looks like it says wentz inside a helmet.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Oh. Whose is on the right side of the ball just to the right of #32? It looks like it says wentz inside a helmet.
    Probably Connor Wentz.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Maybe it's Connor Wentz...?
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The NFL is highly interested in quarterbacks that can scramble and avoid being sacked. Further, if they are going to take a sack................minimize the damage.

In Goff's final two seasons (25 games), he was sacked 54 times (2.16 times per games) losing 418 yards. (-7.74 yards lost per sack) THAT'S A BIG NUMBER)

In Wentz's final two seasons (31 games), he was sacked on 36 times (1.16 times per game) losing only 203 yards (5.6 yards lost per sack).

Being mobile enough to avoid sacks and in the process picking up some valuable yardage........Fuck yeah.
    I think the sacks per game are a bit higher because Carson only played in what, 23 games, and not 31 since his missed 8 due to wrist injury.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post

Ryan Leaf: An episode of NFL Top 10 ranked him as the No. 1 "draft bust" in NFL history. Wiki

Dan Marino: 27th overall pick.

Boomer Esiason: 38th overall pick

Vinny Testaverde: Tampa Bay drafted Vinny Testaverde No. 1 overall in 1987, but by the summer of 1990, frustrated with Testaverde’s lack of development and occasional injuries, fourth-year Bucs coach Ray Perkins shipped the team’s No. 1 pick in 1992 to Indianapolis in exchange for Colts quarterback Chris Chandler - Sport Illustrated

Carson Palmer: Scored 9 rushing touchdowns in college. Goff had 1. And that 1 was a 1 yard run against Big Sky Portland State.
    Shit, I could do this all day.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I think the sacks per game are a bit higher because Carson only played in what, 23 games, and not 31 since his missed 8 due to wrist injury.
    Good catch.

So, the corrected number is: 1.56 sacks per game.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I haven't went back and checked your stats, but I know Wentz didn't play in 31 games the past two seasons.

Nonetheless, how often they were sacked is more on the system and their offensive line. NDSU's offensive line is really good in case anyone hasn't noticed. Also Cal runs a lot of run/pass option plays where the oline run blocks and the quarterback can opt out of the hand off at the last second so a Tackle might just let a DE go on what he thinks is an inside run. Not the best way to keep your QB off the ground. Goff's pocket presence is one of his better qualities.