Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Depth Chart Preview

Default Re: 2016 Depth Chart Preview

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Doesnt necessarily mean he will be better but I think Allison has better tools than MWill and CJ.
    More speed but that doesn't necessarily translate

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sort of sensing a bit of a similar vibe of unknowns at corner this year as we had at LB last year. Sure, we knew what Deluca was all about, but we didn't know for sure how Stumpf and PGT were going to do with the majority of snaps on the outside. The Montana game brought about a little bit of anxiety, and Bailey from UNI doing his thing didn't help that, and then USD happened, but we also know how the story ended with how well our defense and our LB core specifically played in the playoffs and championship game. Code Green was alive and well with a strong finish and I feel like the corners will be fine this year as well. Might be an adjustment period or some growing pains, but I'm excited for the new faces and to see what kind of ballers they are. Go Bison!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Sort of sensing a bit of a similar vibe of unknowns at corner this year as we had at LB last year. Sure, we knew what Deluca was all about, but we didn't know for sure how Stumpf and PGT were going to do with the majority of snaps on the outside. The Montana game brought about a little bit of anxiety, and Bailey from UNI doing his thing didn't help that, and then USD happened, but we also know how the story ended with how well our defense and our LB core specifically played in the playoffs and championship game. Code Green was alive and well with a strong finish and I feel like the corners will be fine this year as well. Might be an adjustment period or some growing pains, but I'm excited for the new faces and to see what kind of ballers they are. Go Bison!!
    I don't know anything about Dom Davis, but every time coach mentions him in front of a camera or in an audio interview, his face lights up and his the tone in his voice changes a little. I fully expect this kid is going to get every opportunity to win a starting a role; and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he is considered our number 1 by playoff time.

I was surprised they weren't moving Dempsey to CB. Maybe this decision is based on Dom Davis's potential.

I guess Dempsey could still be a 3rd CB on 3rd and longs if Kelly shows strong or beats out Grimsley.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    I don't know anything about Dom Davis, but every time coach mentions him in front of a camera or in an audio interview, his face lights up and his the tone in his voice changes a little. I fully expect this kid is going to get every opportunity to win a starting a role; and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he is considered our number 1 by playoff time.

I was surprised they weren't moving Dempsey to CB. Maybe this decision is based on Dom Davis's potential.

I guess Dempsey could still be a 3rd CB on 3rd and longs if Kelly shows strong or beats out Grimsley.
    You really think a juco kid is gonna step in and beat out a kid that came in as a true freshman and won a starting safety spot? Our D is way too complicated imho. Has a juco kid ever come in and won a safety job at NDSU?

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    You really think a juco kid is gonna step in and beat out a kid that came in as a true freshman and won a starting safety spot? Our D is way too complicated imho. Has a juco kid ever come in and won a safety job at NDSU?

1. Grimsley is solid.
    2. John Pike? Of course, we're talking a tiny sample size.

John Pike! Killer.... remember the Georgia Southern game, my oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    1. Grimsley is solid.
    2. John Pike? Of course, we're talking a tiny sample size.
    Martin played quite a bit in a hybrid role on a pretty awesome defense...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Larz View Post
    John Pike! Killer.... remember the Georgia Southern game, my oh my.
    John Pike was fun to watch. Didnt he send the helmet to VanPelt?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

Great Point!!!

MY PREDICTION, alas SPORTSMEISTERS, Jalen Allison & Dom Davis Starting CB---nickel Dakota Reid----safeties Tre Dempsey & Robbie Grimsley

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Losing Joe is a big loss to the line. Maybe coaches see something here.
    Not a 100% sure, have heard he can go back to DL if G doesn't work out. He was originally recruited as a center, but was moved to DL when Perry was in trouble