Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL Combine

Default Re: 2016 NFL Combine

Guys, seriously. Let's put a fermata over the music puns and give it a rest. The whole tone of this thread is going downhill fast and is getting flat. The major snare is that some of you think you are pitching your sharpest ideas, but let's face it - it's not everyone's forte. Just let things ffz-le out.
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Getting back to the combine, were there any RB's tested there that will be as good as Forte?
    Ezekiel Elliot is the real deal, extremely versatile.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Versatile? In the rap profile?

I don't get it...

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The guy is Allegrofying in open field

The Notre Dame guy is pretty good too. Don't know that he'll be Matt Forte, but 6 foot, 220 lbs. 4.48 40 time. Over 6 yards a carry, but ND had a really good line. Only one season as an RB, got switched in the spring for depth, 1st string tore his ACL against Texas, 2nd string transferred or had something go on there.

Elliot mentioned in an interview that he really liked Notre Dame and wanted to go there but they wanted him as a D-back

The big boy from Bama could be good too, tough to tell when you play for Alabama though.
    College of Business Alumnus

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Versatile? In the rap profile?

I don't get it...

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    The Notre Dame guy is pretty good too. Don't know that he'll be Matt Forte, but 6 foot, 220 lbs. 4.48 40 time. Over 6 yards a carry, but ND had a really good line. Only one season as an RB, got switched in the spring for depth, 1st string tore his ACL against Texas, 2nd string transferred or had something go on there.

Elliot mentioned in an interview that he really liked Notre Dame and wanted to go there but they wanted him as a D-back

The big boy from Bama could be good too, tough to tell when you play for Alabama though.
    Ouch, wanted him as a d-back? Reminds me of the story Bohl tells about recruiting LaDanian Tomlinson as a DB too lololol

Henry definitely looks the part...not fat like Lacy either. It will be interesting to see how Henry does in the NFL - he reminds me of a more athletic Brandon Jacobs and he had a pretty good career with the Giants.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Ouch, wanted him as a d-back? Reminds me of the story Bohl tells about recruiting LaDanian Tomlinson as a DB too lololol

Henry definitely looks the part...not fat like Lacy either. It will be interesting to see how Henry does in the NFL - he reminds me of a more athletic Brandon Jacobs and he had a pretty good career with the Giants.
    I know right? Broke my heart. Kinda forget sometimes that these players probably all two-way players in high school and different coaches see different futures for them.

And yeah, he's enormous. I'd be terrified trying to tackle something that big.
    College of Business Alumnus

Pretty sure that was Marshal Faulk not Tomilinson

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Pretty sure that was Marshal Faulk not Tomilinson
    Some of the stories from coaches of the past and the living rooms they sat in are great. Dale Hammerschmidt has a good story about recruiting Dante Culpepper (pretty sure it was him) and looking around wondering what he was doing there.

Thread drift done. I think Elliott will be the best RB of the group but the Howard kid from Indiana (UAB) is my mid round pick that will have a solid career.