Page 7 of 134 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

You can watch the MN state tournament here

http://prepspotlight.tv/

Looks like most the games are streamable

Bergh has a really long way to go to be considered a d1 basketball player...might need to fight a bear or date a chick that cheats on him so he can get angry. The young man just lacks aggression on the defensive end and on the glass. Can tell e's used to playing soft competition...

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For those that have seen both Meidinger and Bergh play, who is the better overall player at this point?

Davies Dickinson on WDAY Extra right now. Moody has 19 pts in 13 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Davies Dickinson on WDAY Extra right now. Moody has 19 pts in 13 minutes
    Heard from an old guy in Dickinson today that Moody has knee problems.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Moody is really impressive. Meidingers had some nice rebounds

Watching Meidinger I catch myself going wow did he just do that then dang what was he trying to do. Then I remember he is just a junior in High School. He shows flashes of being really good. Lots of work to do but dang he could be a interesting player at our level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Watching Meidinger I catch myself going wow did he just do that then dang what was he trying to do. Then I remember he is just a junior in High School. He shows flashes of being really good. Lots of work to do but dang he could be a interesting player at our level.
    Yeah needs to get stronger with the ball. Dickinson was down 7 under a minute and now headed to Ot

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Watched my first Dickinson High basketball game and my thoughts on Meidinger is he definitely needs a lot of work...I would like to see him be a little more aggressive on rebounds, his vertical is not quite there yet either. At 7 ft in high school basketball in North Dakota, rebounding shouldn't be a problem...

Aanan Moody is going to be a great college player, I didn't realize he was only a junior...I hope we keep an eye on him. He's good at driving to the rim and finishing, has a nice shot and can make free throws and is pretty quick for his size.

With that said, Dickinson is a poorly coached team, they got all that talent on the team but lack discipline on both sides of the court...you could tell Davies was better coached and that was the difference in the game.

...And again, this was my first game I've watched.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Watched my first Dickinson High basketball game and my thoughts on Meidinger is he definitely needs a lot of work...I would like to see him be a little more aggressive on rebounds, his vertical is not quite there yet either. At 7 ft in high school basketball in North Dakota, rebounding shouldn't be a problem...

With that said, Dickinson is a poorly coached team, they got all that talent on the team but lack discipline on both sides of the court...you could tell Davies was better coached and that was the difference in the game.

...And again, this was my first game I've watched.
    He needs a ton of work. Even if he's only 17 there is no reason a 6'10" kid shouldn't dominate the glass but this has been an issue for him going back to JV. There is a reason he didn't get a ton of varsity minutes last season.

As far as coaching, have to get the parents out of the kids ears. It happens everywhere but from my understanding, a few in the program are tough to deal with.