Page 635 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 13553558562563363463563663764568573511351635 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,350 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    In 2012, Brock Jensen was one more pick 6 away from being permanently replaced by Carson Wentz. He should have been too. There was frankly no comparison between the two and it was a joke Jensen was starting.

Not trying to take anything away from Brock. Great guy and great player, but Wentz was a better QB from the minute he stepped onto campus.
    That might be the dumbest posts ever written. I'm sorry, but that crap you just wrote is utter nonsense. So a quarterback who in 2 years prior had 2 losses and led the team to back to back national championships should be benched?!! Wow, I pray you never coach sports in your lifetime. You have absolutely no idea what was going on at practice and coaches meetings. So what would have been more accomplished in 2013 had Carson started instead of Brock? Last I checked, Brock led the 2013 team to a comeback win vs the defending Big 12 champs, an undefeated season, and a third straight national championship. You can have an opinion, but facts don' support your opinion.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    That might be the dumbest posts ever written. I'm sorry, but that crap you just wrote is utter nonsense. So a quarterback who in 2 years prior had 2 losses and led the team to back to back national championships should be benched?!! Wow, I pray you never coach sports in your lifetime. You have absolutely no idea what was going on at practice and coaches meetings. So what would have been more accomplished in 2013 had Carson started instead of Brock? Last I checked, Brock led the 2013 team to a comeback win vs the defending Big 12 champs, an undefeated season, and a third straight national championship. You can have an opinion, but facts don' support your opinion.
    You're talking to a guy that thinks Grant Olson was way overrated so this shouldn't surprise you

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    In 2012, Brock Jensen was one more pick 6 away from being permanently replaced by Carson Wentz. He should have been too. There was frankly no comparison between the two and it was a joke Jensen was starting.

Not trying to take anything away from Brock. Great guy and great player, but Wentz was a better QB from the minute he stepped onto campus.
    Totally agree Wentz should have been in there a no brainer

We all would have had another year watching nfl type qb

Nothing at all against Jenson

Remember when we used to argue about who should start; Jose Mohler or Dante Perez? Those were good times.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Senior bowl, green or yellow helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    You're talking to a guy that thinks Grant Olson was way overrated so this shouldn't surprise you
    He was a great linebacker but wasn't the greatest linebacker ever as some made him out to be.

Joe Mays
    Ramon Humber
    Travis Beck
    Carleton Littlejohn
    Nick DeLuca

All better NDSU linebackers in my opinion during the D1 era. Again, he was a great linebacker, just not the GOAT that you guys made him out to be.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Didn't we get the same results? CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!! Jensen vs. Wentz. Wentz vs. Jensen. 5 in a row they helped bring to NDSU.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    In 2011 he was a game manager. In 2012, I held my breathe every time he threw a pass ourside. In 2013 he had a great year.

Again he was a great QB for NDSU. Not trying to take anything away from him but Wentz was that much better. Go talk to some of the guys who were at practices and ask them who was better in practice. Did you ever come to the games early and watch Wentz warm up? There was simply no comparison in talent.

Bohl was never going to pull him because he won game or state in the public that Wentz was better. Doesn't mean he wasn't. If it was any other position, Bohl would have been playing the better player.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    If he wants to stand out, yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Yellow without question.