Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Dupree tweet...

Default Re: Dupree tweet...

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Agree. How about step up your game and effort for the team instead of quiting. I'm always skeptical of Milwaukee kids. Any idea where he will end up?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I would prefer to not judge any area we recruit from. There are good and bad kids everywhere. My "educated guess" is that there is ALOT on his plate right now and the easiest thing to say is....well, I am not starting. I don't believe that for a second, but that is what is going to be made public. As a young Dad, I am sure his brain is spinning. Right now I hope that becomes a priority in his life. My professional opinion is that he is a VERY WELL LIKED YOUNG MAN. By the staff and his teammates. A leader on the team. He has been heavily involved in both of our prior tourneys, and clearly had a special moment. WHo cares if he is benched. He is playing 25 minutes a night. 3rd on the team in minutes. He is playing a ton, and we would have needed him a ton in conference play. He is giving up a full ride plus Cost of Attendance. As a young Dad, that is a lot to give up. $3400 alone on cost of attendance. I am hopeful that the young man is making a very informed decision. This caught everyone off guard. I hope he has a great plan, because right now I am very skeptical that he made a quick decision without really doing a lot of homework. Getting a degree is the most important thing he can do right now. I honestly don't care about how this affects the team. NDSU will be fine. He needs a degree and to be a great Dad.

In regards to basketball. Khy....play some ball kid. You are 18 and officially have this team on your shoulders. I expect Malik to play some more, but he has to prove it on defense. He can score. Paul Miller is going to play minutes like LA used to log. We clearly will go big more often, as going small isn't really our strength with this current roster. I also wouldn't overlook the young walk on. He wasn't just a throw in on the roster. That kid can play, and if called on, I hope he is ready.

This frees up money to recruit probably another guard immediately. We are hot, we have a brand new arena to sell, ESPN loves us...again, basketball wise, we are fine. I just hope the young man is making the appropriate decision.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

We dive into Carlin's decision and the state of the Men's Basketball team at this point on this brand new episode of BisonReport Radio.

http://www.scout.com/college/north-d...-radio-1-12-16

This sucks all around. Losing depth mid season is going to be hard to absorb. Rest of the guys will need to step up. Maybe this will light a fire under the whole team.

I'm not going to bash Carlin because I don't know his whole situation. He provided some highlights while he was here and I wish him well!

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I would prefer to not judge any area we recruit from. There are good and bad kids everywhere. My "educated guess" is that there is ALOT on his plate right now and the easiest thing to say is....well, I am not starting. I don't believe that for a second, but that is what is going to be made public. As a young Dad, I am sure his brain is spinning. Right now I hope that becomes a priority in his life. My professional opinion is that he is a VERY WELL LIKED YOUNG MAN. By the staff and his teammates. A leader on the team. He has been heavily involved in both of our prior tourneys, and clearly had a special moment. WHo cares if he is benched. He is playing 25 minutes a night. 3rd on the team in minutes. He is playing a ton, and we would have needed him a ton in conference play. He is giving up a full ride plus Cost of Attendance. As a young Dad, that is a lot to give up. $3400 alone on cost of attendance. I am hopeful that the young man is making a very informed decision. This caught everyone off guard. I hope he has a great plan, because right now I am very skeptical that he made a quick decision without really doing a lot of homework. Getting a degree is the most important thing he can do right now. I honestly don't care about how this affects the team. NDSU will be fine. He needs a degree and to be a great Dad.

In regards to basketball. Khy....play some ball kid. You are 18 and officially have this team on your shoulders. I expect Malik to play some more, but he has to prove it on defense. He can score. Paul Miller is going to play minutes like LA used to log. We clearly will go big more often, as going small isn't really our strength with this current roster. I also wouldn't overlook the young walk on. He wasn't just a throw in on the roster. That kid can play, and if called on, I hope he is ready.

This frees up money to recruit probably another guard immediately. We are hot, we have a brand new arena to sell, ESPN loves us...again, basketball wise, we are fine. I just hope the young man is making the appropriate decision.
    He didn't walk away from full cost of attendance this year.

I am impressed with Coach Richman on this issue. No phony coach speak read between the lines the world is a great place bullcrap. He calls it as he sees it and says he disagrees with the decision though he still supports Dupree. It is refreshing to see some blunt honesty from a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post

Way too much there, J. Ur to close to the situation. Kid will learn from this mistake or he won't. It's that simple. Is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Disappointed he is leaving mid-season. I dont see how that is ever advantageous for him. My guess is something along the lines of he decided he would transfer and team said goodbye to him? No idea why he would leave midseason for a transfer, though, as now this half season is totally lost for him and for NDSU (and as NDSU, I would understand why they wouldn't want a player who said he was leaving after year to remain on team...I guess...if that is what happened)
    If he does it before the beginning of the 2nd semester he theoretically could play elsewhere at the same level (D1) starting next December.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Agree. How about step up your game and effort for the team instead of quiting. I'm always skeptical of Milwaukee kids. Any idea where he will end up?

Why the Milwaukee area? It is a good solid metro area, maybe not as deep as MSP but still really good basketball is played there. Additionally the competition for NDSU caliber players is fairly weak in this region.

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    Why the Milwaukee area? It is a good solid metro area, maybe not as deep as MSP but still really good basketball is played there. Additionally the competition for NDSU caliber players is fairly weak in this region.
    Quitters, I'm talking inner city

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    If he does it before the beginning of the 2nd semester he theoretically could play elsewhere at the same level (D1) starting next December.
    Thanks, I didn't know that. Timing makes more sense then if he wants to 'get on with it'