Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: JSU post game thoughts.

Default Re: JSU post game thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Watched this thing in amazement... Grass and his QB Jenkins think they lost because they had a bad day... maybe in a couple of days they might realize they had a bad day because the Bison D was making it bad for them. If they believe they only lost because their biorhythms or whatever are off, they will never sniff a championship trophy!

Hey coach... whats wrong with saying "we got beat" and we have work to do some work to get better! Saw the same crap from Montana... you never hear this crap from elite teams!
    Actually I think that overall they were pretty complimentary and gave NDSU a lot of credit, at least more in the first part as opposed to the end. I imagine that when you have great success in the schedule you play and are over rated all season and then you get exposed, coming to grips with reality right after getting beat badly is not easy.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Actually I think that overall they were pretty complimentary and gave NDSU a lot of credit, at least more in the first part as opposed to the end. I imagine that when you have great success in the schedule you play and are over rated all season and then you get exposed, coming to grips with reality right after getting beat badly is not easy.
    I think your right -- I may have been a bit hard in my assessment... they were coddled all season, and reality is tough at first

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Deluca is a beast.

Lardsin must go!

So who will we play in Frisco next year? Richmond brings back a lot.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Depends on seeding shenanigans.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    I hate to say this but maybe Farley was right when he said the Championship Game was NDSU/UNI.

First, congrats. Only saw the first half, but that was enough. Great ball control on offense. Making first downs with runs through great holes and receivers in just the right spots. Oh, and your last minute sub at QB wasn't bad either. Defense made turnovers and kept giving the ball back to you. From the looks of things on the GDT, it was your own play-calling that kept you from running up the score in the second half.

Second, yes, Falrey was right. It was atrocious that the entire MVFC was on one side of the bracket. You were clearly the best team (again), but it would have been so much better to lose to you in Frisco.

Third, now get ready to take care of business in Iowa City. I hope to hop on BV occasionally to give you advise and comments related to Eastern Iowa University. I went there once for football and don't really want to go back. Stadium is great, but fans are obnoxious. Amazingly, their fans didn't show up, even for a 12-0 season. Tailgating is horrible because it is broken into all these tiny lots with no big fields anywhere near the stadium.

Fourth, I will see you in Cedar Falls if Iowa State playes K-State at 11am and you play UNI at 4pm or later.

Enjoy. As if you need to be told that!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

I'll own up to the fact after the USD game I stated on here that the Bison would not win the NC. So I gladly stand in shame with all of those who thought or posted the same thing,but don't leave out the window lickers who thought Wentz shouldn't start. May our driveways be filled with snow for our effrontery.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    No, he had the Bison by 9, but I know either Izzo or Kolpack picked UNI over us. I think that still pisses a few off.
    I have the newspapers where both Izzo and Kolpack picked the Bison to defeat both Montana and South Dakota. I suppose those indiscretions also piss people off. Must be tough to be correct all the time.

Get over it!
    "Excuses are like armpits, everybody's got 'em and they all stink" Rocky Hager

A few minutes left in the game, I head down the stairs in the heart of the JSU section after a bunch of Cock fans gave up and left the stadium...wanted to sit in the front row to storm the field. Several college-age Bison fans, all girls, were there before me. JSU fans were really pissy, yelling at us to sit down...one Cock fan imploring the others to not leave, to stay till the bitter end. A couple of the Cock males start screaming at the Bison fans who were in the aisle in the lower rows for storming action..."You're blocking the fire escape route! I couldn't get out of here if I tried! If there's a fire, and we're trapped because those Bison fans are blocking the exit, FC Dallas is going to get sued!" On and on..they're dead serious. A stadium official then walks by on the field and this Cock starts screaming at him...."FC Dallas--Fail! You have to clear them out of the aisles! This is going to be a lawsuit if something happens!" I couldn't take the stupidity and rudeness, so then had a heated discussion with one of them who wouldn't shut up about the Bison fans in the aisles...I first questioned the odds of a fire breaking out in the stadium with 1:11 to go on the clock. Told him this is what fans do when they know a Championship is in hand and they're going to storm the field....told him if a fire breaks out in Toyota Stadium and his escape route is blocked by happy Bison fans, I would personally carry him on my shoulders to safety. He got all pissy with me...his wife was restraining him...he's telling these Bison girls by me to shut up when they were simply defending their fellow Bison fans. I didn't want to play the "FBS transfer" card, but he had it coming. Told him, "I'm sorry your Team of FBS Transfers lost, and I'll let you have the last word because I'm about to leave you and storm the field." I thought the Cocks were cocky little bastards and I enjoyed every minute of trouncing them.

I ran into a JSU fan at the airport on my way out of town. Bought him a drink and had a little chat. Turns out he played for Jax St and then had a career in the NFL. (Delvin Hughley)

He said that he realized after the first NDSU drive that Jax St didn't stand a chance. They didn't come prepared to play the game.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk