Page 4 of 226 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Jacksonville State Championship game

Default Re: NDSU vs Jacksonville State Championship game

Historically have been paper tickets I think. But that may be changed now.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

My early prediction is 24-13. Bison win. Jax State will score some first half points and then NDSU will lock it down in the second half. The Bison o-line will take over and just put a typical ram like beat down on them after half time. The Bison defense will settle in, make adjustments at halftime, and the game will be decided in the third quarter. I just think the relentless pressure in the trenches on both sides of the ball will be too much. The Bison have way too much experience preparing for a game like this with such a long break and our coaches know how to effectively game plan against talented offenses. I think Jax State is a good team, but no better then third or fourth in the valley. They are another school who rely on such a few guys to provide a high majority of their offensive output. Their QB alone is 1/2 their offense. Make the game difficult for him and it becomes a lot harder for them to succeed. Their running game is primarily two guys and their passing game is primarily two guys. The guys they rely on are very good, they just don't have enough to spread the ball around to make the Bison pay for stopping their main threats. It isn't so much making them one dimensional because they can either pass or run quite well, it will be about keeping their playmakers at bay and making other guys beat you. Our offense simply just has to man handle them.

From AGS, JSU tickets will be for season ticket holders and students first. Tuesday or Wednesday left over tickets will go up for public sale. JSU has about 2,000 season ticket holders.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Jacksonville Championship game

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Tougher matchup....Jacksonville State 2016 or Illinois State 2015? My gut says JSU because of the unknowns. Last year both teams knew exactly what they were getting into and what kind of game it would be. It was a typical MVFC game plus, they had Roberson and we all know one of our biggest weaknesses the last few years has been running qb's. IMO the game will be one or lost by their O-Line and our D-Line.
    That's a good question. I'm going with JSU. I saw a lot of different players on the o line and d line for JSU and I believe there are 30 seniors on thisJSU team. That is a lot of experience.

No prediction yet, gotta dig some more.

Their head coach is an interesting story, if I'm really following this timeline correctly. JSU alum who until 3 years ago had only coached at the high school level. His only college coaching experience is one year as JSU OC and 2 as HC.

That could lead to some interesting decisions around how to handle the 3 week break.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Have to be ready for the pooch kick.

Jenkins is a solid QB. They seem to take what the defense gives them in the passing game. If were playing off their WRs they will run short, quick routes. Then go for the big play. Their top 2 WR are solid and made big plays vs Auburn early in the year

This will be the toughest test for us in a championship game..gotta bring back the big gun for this one. Cough...Wentz...cough

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Their head coach is an interesting story, if I'm really following this timeline correctly. JSU alum who until 3 years ago had only coached at the high school level. His only college coaching experience is one year as JSU OC and 2 as HC.

That could lead to some interesting decisions around how to handle the 3 week break.
    Here is his bio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_G...ican_football)

I have faith that the coaching staff will put the right QB in to give us the greatest chance of success. So many variables go into that decision including health, offensive game plan, how each QB is practicing, and how comfortable the rest of the offense feels. In reality we have no idea what's been going on with Wentz. We are so fortunate to have this problem: Stick or Wentz? At the end of the day I know that the staff will make the right decision for the team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You Gotsta Love Those BISON!