Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI post game thoughts (Version 2)

Default Re: UNI post game thoughts (Version 2)

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Didn't the next to last punt hit at the 1 and bounce back to the 4? That was a dagger!

Hats off to your punter.
    Sort of actually bounced back to the 2 or so and while Bison players were trying to get it controlled the UNI returner snapped it up it rolled out to the bison sideline and he picked it up and got a couple yards before he was pushed out of bounds.

Might have been just the time UNI had left but was a bit surprised they went to Shotgun on the first play there (or maybe I'm remembering wrong) would have thought they'd tried to get a bit more wiggle room before going shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Sort of actually bounced back to the 2 or so and while Bison players were trying to get it controlled the UNI returner snapped it up it rolled out to the bison sideline and he picked it up and got a couple yards before he was pushed out of bounds.

Might have been just the time UNI had left but was a bit surprised they went to Shotgun on the first play there (or maybe I'm remembering wrong) would have thought they'd tried to get a bit more wiggle room before going shotgun.
    I thought our guy caught it and laid/dropped the ball down at the one or two yard line before falling into the end zone. The ball kind of rolled away from the other Bison players and the UNI player came and picked it up. Got them out to the 4 or 5 yard line. I could be wrong but I remember Ben saying something along the lines of "Run down there and catch it if you can." What I really don't understand is why teams don't utilize that idea more often when trying to pin teams deep. Better than trying to catch it off the bounce.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I thought our guy caught it and laid/dropped the ball down at the one or two yard line before falling into the end zone. The ball kind of rolled away from the other Bison players and the UNI player came and picked it up. Got them out to the 4 or 5 yard line. I could be wrong but I remember Ben saying something along the lines of "Run down there and catch it if you can." What I really don't understand is why teams don't utilize that idea more often when trying to pin teams deep. Better than trying to catch it off the bounce.
    Yeah, we touched it and the UNI player picked it up and got it out to the 7 yard line. The announcers talked about the risk. He had zero risk in that instance.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Yeah, we touched it and the UNI player picked it up and got it out to the 7 yard line. The announcers talked about the risk. He had zero risk in that instance.
    Well until he establishes possession, but yeah. I would like to see more receiving teams try and pick it up after being touched. It just seems like that illegal touch is such a an overlooked rule that you could surprise a few players.

I think the one CyPanth was referring to was an earlier punt. And yes, it hit around the 1 or 2 yard line and bounced back (I don't think we had touched it yet) and bounced back to the 4 where we covered it.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

anybody know what they were yelling about after that? Seems like Hall wanted a replay of something? Did they think touchback?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post

I can see it now...Izzy standing over you, yelling "You got knocked the fugg out man!" SD coming over and going trough your pockets "Now give me my god-damn money!"
    http://youtu.be/YJ1jNnnKYMs

Sent using an Etch a Sketch and a Speak n Spell

Default UNI post game thoughts (Version 2)

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Well until he establishes possession, but yeah. I would like to see more receiving teams try and pick it up after being touched. It just seems like that illegal touch is such a an overlooked rule that you could surprise a few players.
    I thought that on a punt, if the ball first hits a player on the kicking team (illegal touching), that is where the ball is spotted? The ball hit two Bison before the UNI guy picked it up. I remember a punt, I think it was during the Montana playoff game, where the ball hit a Bison in-stride around the 20 or something, and bounced down inside the 5 where a Bison actually took possession, but the ball was spotted where it hit the first Bison in the leg around the 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You Gotsta Love Those BISON!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonEngrGirl View Post
    I thought that on a punt, if the ball first hits a player on the kicking team (illegal touching), that is where the ball is spotted? The ball hit two Bison before the UNI guy picked it up. I remember a punt, I think it was during the Montana playoff game, where the ball hit a Bison in-stride around the 20 or something, and bounced down inside the 5 where a Bison actually took possession, but the ball was spotted where it hit the first Bison in the leg around the 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think the Montana spot was due to our returner giving a signal. Whether it was a legal fair catch signal was immaterial since it only functions to eliminate our ability to advance the ball.

On Saturday, the return team could advance the ball since there was no signal given. Basically, at the end of the play they had the option of taking the ball where it was touched by us or where they got tackled. If they returned it and fumbled it away they could have taken it inside the 5. So, no risk.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the Montana spot was due to our returner giving a signal. Whether it was a legal fair catch signal was immaterial since it only functions to eliminate our ability to advance the ball.

On Saturday, the return team could advance the ball since there was no signal given. Basically, at the end of the play they had the option of taking the ball where it was touched by us or where they got tackled. If they returned it and fumbled it away they could have taken it inside the 5. So, no risk.
    I actually thought Hall waved people off as he was back for the punt return, so I couldn't understand why he was allowed to advance the ball. We got burned a couple times with that back in the Ryan Smith days. Apparently any waving motion signifies fair catch.