Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI post game thoughts (Version 2)

Default Re: UNI post game thoughts (Version 2)

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I don't understand your issue with Darius Anderson getting carries. He has been very good this year. It seems like he rips off 8 or 9 yds every time he gets the ball
    ........Fumble?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I don't understand your issue with Darius Anderson getting carries. He has been very good this year. It seems like he rips off 8 or 9 yds every time he gets the ball
    I thinks it's just that we already struggle getting carries for the other four RBs, so using him further spreads out the carries.

RBs sometimes get more effective if they can get into a rhythm.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I thinks it's just that we already struggle getting carries for the other four RBs, so using him further spreads out the carries.

Several times it was obvious King wanted to stay in and was rotated out.
    You could see his frustration.

I donno, maybe they are trying to piss him off so he runs more angry.

Polasek hasn't improved one bit throughout the season despite costing us two games earlier in the year (yep, I'm putting the Montana loss on him for not running the ball to burn their timeouts, and the USD loss at lest partially on him for being up 14 at the end of one and taking his foot off the gas). 5 wide receiver sets, wildcat (can't remember doing that once this season), a true option play? This is the crap you pull when you are behind by alot and the offense is stagnant, not when you are picking up 5 yards running straight forward on 1st down. He took 2nd and short and made it 3rd and long far too often, especially in that brutal stretch of series when TP couldn't contain his excitement when we got to the 30 yard line. IMO, his lack of feel for play calling in certain situations is the biggest threat to our 5th title. He was terrible today....

I thought Stick was solid in his first game against an elite defense. No turnovers, efficient. Brock Jensen 2.0...

Not sure I have ever had more confidence in our defense/special teams to win a game for us. The D-line played so damn well after that first series, the linebackers and safeties tackled well all day....we dominated the LOS against UNI and it wasn't even close. Kicker will be fine, he shouldn't have even been out there for the 50+ yarders. LeCompte might be the best punter in FBS and FCS combined, nice bonus that he put all but one kickoff in the back of the endzone. Best KO return in the country, and Perk can get some yards on PR as long as he catches it.

Richmond doesn't have near the defense that UNI has, does have a balanced offense that will be a bit different than the last two games. Never been to the dome, so they may soil themselves several times on 3rd and long. Watched the Jax St game, seemed similar to UNI with a worse defense, ran the ball with a good RB and fast QB.

Avoid a letdown after the UNI game and lock TP in a closet for a month, and we get number 5.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    BS.........It was an obvious cheap shot. I hope Perkins is OK. Young should have been kicked out of game for that above the shoulder hit. UNI has a history of cheap shots........they are coached that way.
    I watched it several times now. Sure looks like Young was looking up for the ball when Perkins signaled, and Perkins dropped down as Young made the hit. There was no reaction from either side that would indicate anybody on the field thought it was dirty. Both teams showed good sportsmanship on the field all game long.

Not saying UNI doesn't have a history there, but you are reaching on that play.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I watched it several times now. Sure looks like Young was looking up for the ball when Perkins signaled, and Perkins dropped down as Young made the hit. There was no reaction from either side that would indicate anybody on the field thought it was dirty. Both teams showed good sportsmanship on the field all game long.

Initially, I thought it was a cheap shot. After watching it a few times I think it was unintentional.
    Just a MVFC hard hit.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default UNI post game thoughts (Version 2)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    That hit was dirty, and on purpose, and I would guess Farley called for it.
    Yep. The coach wanted us to get an extra 15 yards so we could go tie up the game. Lol. Also wanted to take out Perkins because he does so much for us.

Seriously. He missed the signal plain and simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    BS.........It was an obvious cheap shot. I hope Perkins is OK. Young should have been kicked out of game for that above the shoulder hit. UNI has a history of cheap shots........they are coached that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post

Watch it slow at 20:27, it looks to me like the Gunner drops his head and leads with the crown of his helmet hitting a defenseless player, high. (You can hear the helmets crack over the crowd noise) ...I'm pretty sure that is what the targeting rule is for. You have to give the player a yard to catch and it doesn't mater if he didn't see the signal.

I think the official wasn't in the right position to see this and it became a non-call. I'll hang up and wait for Indy to chime in...
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Polasek hasn't improved one bit throughout the season despite costing us two games earlier in the year (yep, I'm putting the Montana loss on him for not running the ball to burn their timeouts, and the USD loss at lest partially on him for being up 14 at the end of one and taking his foot off the gas). 5 wide receiver sets, wildcat (can't remember doing that once this season), a true option play? This is the crap you pull when you are behind by alot and the offense is stagnant, not when you are picking up 5 yards running straight forward on 1st down. He took 2nd and short and made it 3rd and long far too often, especially in that brutal stretch of series when TP couldn't contain his excitement when we got to the 30 yard line. IMO, his lack of feel for play calling in certain situations is the biggest threat to our 5th title. He was terrible today....

I thought Stick was solid in his first game against an elite defense. No turnovers, efficient. Brock Jensen 2.0...

Not sure I have ever had more confidence in our defense/special teams to win a game for us. The D-line played so damn well after that first series, the linebackers and safeties tackled well all day....we dominated the LOS against UNI and it wasn't even close. Kicker will be fine, he shouldn't have even been out there for the 50+ yarders. LeCompte might be the best punter in FBS and FCS combined, nice bonus that he put all but one kickoff in the back of the endzone. Best KO return in the country, and Perk can get some yards on PR as long as he catches it.

Richmond doesn't have near the defense that UNI has, does have a balanced offense that will be a bit different than the last two games. Never been to the dome, so they may soil themselves several times on 3rd and long. Watched the Jax St game, seemed similar to UNI with a worse defense, ran the ball with a good RB and fast QB.

Avoid a letdown after the UNI game and lock TP in a closet for a month, and we get number 5.
    Do you bother to look at the overall results before you go on a misguided rant about Polasek?

You can pick and choose plays here and there when every OC screws up. Just look at Nov Turner's call on the Vikings last offensive play of the game last Thursday. And he's been doing it for 40 years.

This Bison offense is 26th in the country in total offense (426.8), 17th in scoring offense (34.9), 14th in 3rd down conversion percentage (.457), 13th in rushing offense (237.5), and 8th in team pass efficiency (156.0). This is with a team that lost it's best offensive player midway through the season and didn't miss a beat.

Just stop.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post

Agreed on carries being too spread but who exactly in our RB stable has been more effective with their allotment of carries than Darius?