insane_ponderer Guest

Default Re: Davis game thread

not enough time...

back to the drawing board
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nice effort at the end, and it's good to see they don't quit, but this is two ugly games in a row.

Good question on another post: what happened to the team that beat NW Louisiana?

What now fans?

Good question... I sure don't have the answer.

Just got back from the game. Four thoughts:

1) Two thirds of the student section was filled with fair-weather fans. A lot of them started leaving midway through the third quarter. This makes me very pissed indeed. Either cheer on the team 100%, or don't cheer tham at all. Don't go at it half-assed. I was down in the lower student section with the hardcore student fans, and I was yelling up at them "When you go to a movie, do you leave with a half hour left in it??" and "There's more important things in life than going drinking!!" One guy next to me was yelling out to the fair-weathereds, "Your Playstation will still be there when the game ends!!!" We seriously need to boost the hardcore student fan numbers. Most of the students past row 12 were sitting most of the second half. That is unacceptable. And those fair-weather fans that did leave missed a hell of a comeback attempt.

2) My ears are still ringing from the crowd noise with about three minutes left in the game. I have never had this happen to me at any sporting event I have ever been to in my life. I've been to Vikings games back when the Metrodome was touted as "the loudest stadium in the NFL", and I didn't even have ear ringing then. During the comeback, the student section was going as crazy as usual, but this was the ONLY time in the game where the other crowd actually got off their asses and made some NOISE. (It took them until 3:00 left in the game???) Whenever the rest of the crowd joins in the action, it CAN get VERY loud. Two thirds of the stadium does not realize that they can do something very special at the dome, instead they choose to sit down with their thumbs up their asses.

3) Attendance: Close to 16,200. This is awesome. I originally thought it would be about 600 less than that. We're well on our way to averaging 15,000 during the year. I truly believe that this is NORTH DAKOTA'S TEAM. Not just football team, but TEAM. I will wager any Sue fan that NDSU football gets more overall support than UND hockey. I believe that by the time we have been playoff eligible for TWO YEARS (by the end of the decade, 2010), we will average a sellout. Interest is growing, and very fast. Do you remember that just three years ago we were averaging just over 10,000 a game, with some crowds as low as 6,000?? Remember that?? We have come to the point where a 13,000 crowd is a dissapointment. And that makes me proud.

4) The Aggies are a good football team. but I still think we're as good as them. It was just their Saturday. If the Bison played the Aggies 10 times in a row on consecutive weeks, I believe the Aggies would win 5 and the Bison would win 5. I think this says more about it being their day than anything else. And hey, we almost beat them too. We had a chance at the end.

Overall, I'm looking at this game more as a positive than other folks on this board might make it out to be. I think as far as fan support goes, this was a big step we took towards cementing our place as NORTH DAKOTA'S TEAM.

Thank you.

"Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

BTW, does anyone have the exact attendance number?? Sixteen thousand one hundred something??
    - Lou Holtz

Never mind, found it. 16,193.

Season average: 14,594
    - Lou Holtz