Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 10 Polls

Default Re: Week 10 Polls

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    She should/could/probably won't..........
    I saw Patty V. in the breakfast bar area of our hotel after the loss in Missoula. Somehow I resisted the urge to tell her what I thought of her efforts to represent the MVFC. Likely because some of the fans around me would not have understood, and more likely because I did not want to embarrass my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I saw Patty V. in the breakfast bar area of our hotel after the loss in Missoula. Somehow I resisted the urge to tell her what I thought of her efforts to represent the MVFC. Likely because some of the fans around me would not have understood, and more likely because I did not want to embarrass my wife.
    Can't do it.........too easy

What the hell -- she DID say for better or for worse didn't she?
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

I did a little stat comparison of NDSU offense vs Jacksonville State defense, and vice versa. I will list the FCS rank and the actual stat as reported by the NCAA. At the end, I have used the stats to approximate a game between the two teams.

----------

Total Offense vs. Total Defense, Rank - ypg

NDSU Off, 22 - 445
    JSU Def, 2 - 258

NDSU Def, 14 - 298
    JSU Off, 6 - 490

----------

Scoring Offense vs. Scoring Defense, Rank - ppg

NDSU Off, 19 - 34.7
    JSU Def, 5 - 14.6

NDSU Def, 20 - 18.9
    JSU Off, 17 - 35.0

----------

Rushing Offense vs. Rushing Defense, Rank - ypg

NDSU Off, 13 - 232
    JSU Def, 6 - 93

NDSU Def, 9 - 100
    JSU Off, 9 - 264

----------

Passing Offense vs. Passing Defense, Rank - ypg

NDSU Off, 57 - 213
    JSU Def, 11 - 164

NDSU Def, 38 - 198
    JSU Off, 43 - 226

----------

First Downs Gained vs. First Downs Allowed - First Downs per game

NDSU Off - 23.2
    JSU Def - 14.7

NDSU Def - 13.4
    JSU Off - 25.3

I did not calculate the rankings for these numbers, as NCAA only ranks the teams by total first downs in the season. The rankings are thrown off by teams playing differing numbers of games.

----------

Third Down offense vs. Third Down Defense, Rank - .pct

NDSU Off, 3 - .526
    JSU Def, 10 - .290

NDSU Def, 2 - .260
    JSU Off, 35 - .421

----------

Adjusting for Sagarin's strength of schedule, approximately a 53.9% skew towards NDSU, approximates the following result:

Stat, NDSU-JSU

Total yards, 359-387
    Rush yards, 168-176
    Pass yards, 190-211
    1st Downs, 19-19
    3rd Dn pct, .417-.334

Final Score, 25-26

Bottom line, it could be a pretty close game. Jacksonville State would be the toughest out-of-conference opponent NDSU has faced in the last three years, at least.

Then the championship game will be the semifinal with ISUr @ NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    What happens if NDSU/SDSU/ISU are ranked 3/6/7 which is a really good possibility leaving all of them on one side and not much on the other? That leaves JSU and the CAA champ to come out of the other side.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Until JSU has to play a decent schedule, I will not worry about them one bit. They pad their stats on substandard competition.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Until JSU has to play a decent schedule, I will not worry about them one bit. They pad their stats on substandard competition.
    Sagarin says it's a 5 1/2 point game on a neutral field. That's close enough for me to worry.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Sagarin says it's a 5 1/2 point game on a neutral field. That's close enough for me to worry.
    Remember EIU and their 2 seed? They made it to the quarters, where OVC teams go to die.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Remember EIU and their 2 seed? They made it to the quarters, where OVC teams go to die.

Sure. They're like any other team. They have to get to us first. And we have to get to them.

I didn't mean to imply I'm actively worried about them, at this moment. Currently my worry is occupied by YSU and my fantasy QBs lacerated kidney. But if the time comes, I'll be ready.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Frisco is not a neutral field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.