Page 22 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    Would u rather not have any games televised at all. I think we are pretty fortunately to be able to watch all the games because some of us can't make it to every game
    There's money being made here...KVLY isn't doing this out of the kindness of their heart.
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

Quote Originally Posted by FFBison View Post
    There's money being made here...KVLY isn't doing this out of the kindness of their heart.
    Exactly. The notion that the school or the fans should settle for less because it's better than nothing is a small-time mentality that isn't applicable here anymore.
    #Kev4Mod

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Exactly. The notion that the school or the fans should settle for less because it's better than nothing is a small-time mentality that isn't applicable here anymore.
    I like to see WDAY / Forum Com. win the next bid for NDSU atheletics. I love Kolpack Izzo pregame show over KVLY.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    I like to see WDAY / Forum Com. win the next bid for NDSU atheletics. I love Kolpack Izzo pregame show over KVLY.
    Absolutely. Jeff and Dom do a great job.
    #Kev4Mod

I think a lot of people forget what Bison football TV coverage was like 5 years ago. This game wouldn't have even been on TV ....it wouldn't have been in HD ..... it wouldnt have been streamable. This would have been a radio only game. Is KVLY amazing?? no... but Honestly I think they have come along way in production and still have some room to improve but its not as bad as people on this thread make it out to be.

Except for the KVLY pregame shows that's horrible!
    It's improving but it's gone from dog shit to terrible to just average. We deserve better.

Bottom line is NDSU football is a ratings giant. That's why they are all on TV including the spring game. That's why espn chooses NDSU more often in the playoffs.

Actually 5 years ago SIU was on espn3. Nobody knew what it was but since ndsu is a ratings juggernaut, it forced CableOne to get it.

We've been selling out the dome and getting games televised heavily since 2007 so it's nothing new.

If your going to do something, do it big and do it right.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Most likely they paid an outside company to produce todays game. Other than the announcers.

533 In a row

I think a lot of people forget what Bison football TV coverage was like 5 years ago. This game wouldn't have even been on TV ....it wouldn't have been in HD ..... it wouldnt have been streamable. This would have been a radio only game. Is KVLY amazing?? no... but Honestly I think they have come along way in production and still have some room to improve but its not as bad as people on this thread make it out to be.

Except for the KVLY pregame shows that's horrible!
    The production can be pretty bad, but KVLY stepped up the number of broadcasts right away when they took over. WDAY was whining that they couldn't sell enough ads and essentially saying that broadcasting two games a year was charity work.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I watch the game on mute and listen to Scottie and Phil on FM. It is less than a second off. While the camera work sucks along with the Java/icon shit sucks, or whatever you call that stuff, Scottie keeps me informed of down and distance. It makes the intolerable tolerable.

Beyond what has already been said, I also really enjoy the "Game Recap" graphic. Usually by "Game Recap", they actually mean drive summary, especially the drive with the long pass to RJ and the graphic said "Stick 77 yard reception", or the one where it said "Big Plays". I mean, really, dynamite drop-in Monty, that broadcasting school is really paying off.

I loved the always-riveting Soybean Trivia question about the percentage people spend on their food. Except "their food" was spelled "thier food". Doesn't anybody double check this stuff? Next stop: National Spelling Bee.