Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd helmet

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2nd helmet

F with matte blk
    New blk unis head to toe
    "Murdered Out" night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pink for breast cancer awareness month...I got the text.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

How about a brown helmet with horns on the side... similar to the Vikings helmets with horns on the side?

Brown to look like a bison head??

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    "The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher."
    -- Thomas Henry Huxley

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    -- General George Patton Jr

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Those super old logos went away for a reason.
    Are you saying they didn't represent the "university" as a whole, especially the "applied sciences?"
    Hail the BISON!!!

"F" is very cool !

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    F with matte blk
    New blk unis head to toe
    "Murdered Out" night
    With the blackout visor.......

And........

hey man.....................balls to the wall...................

Quote Originally Posted by gsagedahl View Post
    LET'S TAKE A VOTE! We will not be having a second or third or fourth vote like up north!

THESE IMAGES WERE TAKEN OFF OF THIS SITE, SO EXCUSE THE BLURRINESS ON SOME!

PERSONALLY, I LIKE THE DARK MATTE GREEN WITH THE LOGO FROM 'D' AND THE NUMBER ON THE OTHER SIDE. GOLD FACEMASK, 1 GOLD STRIPE!

NO HATERS! JUST PICK 1.

Attachment 6423
    I choose H. No need for an alternate helmet. We're the North Dakota State Bison. We don't need these fucking gimmicks, we just win baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I choose H. No need for an alternate helmet. We're the North Dakota State Bison. We don't need these fucking gimmicks, we just win baby!
    So if some private donors chose to do something nice for the university and players, you would tell them no thanks, I don't want your free gift?

I understand it isn't a need. I suppose the team could still be wearing the same uniforms that were used in the 90's, right? Why can't they keep reusing the same uniform?

I understand your pride...and I understand the point that the substance is in how NDSU plays...not looks. But that doesn't mean they can't keep up with the times too. I also think people should be a lot more appreciative of whoever donated the funds for this venture.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    So if some private donors chose to do something nice for the university and players, you would tell them no thanks, I don't want your free gift?

I understand it isn't a need. I suppose the team could still be wearing the same uniforms that were used in the 90's, right? Why can't they keep reusing the same uniform?

I understand your pride...and I understand the point that the substance is in how NDSU plays...not looks. But that doesn't mean they can't keep up with the times too. I also think people should be a lot more appreciative of whoever donated the funds for this venture.
    So YOU'RE THE ONE!!!!! OMFG fuzzy helmets
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I am still floored by the mindset that this has anything to do the play on the field.

A helmet does not change a guards speed on a pull. A helmet does not dictate the pad level on a double team. A helmet does not provide our young/inexperienced safeties with some special powers to read the RO...

all those things are affected by the guys putting 15 or 16 hrs a day in the offices and the players putting in 10 hrs a day in the meeting room/training facility/and the field.

However a helmet does provide a change of pace. It does offer the athletic program a chance to gain some revenue. It does show potential recruits that the program is interested in progressing (to a degree) and providing the same opportunities in every facet of the game...whether that being winning conference and national titles or changing up the routine a bit wearing an alt helmet or jersey.

I know to the generation who has been rooting for the bison since they popped out of the womb and have experienced the ups and downs and traditions of this fine university from the beginning of time this whole "devil spawn alternate helmet" sounds to you like they are shutting down the football program and forgetting about all the tradition...when in be grand scheme of things they are just doing something fun and exciting for the players and fans.

I find it interesting that so much is being done with the training facilities around campus and there seems to be a very large amount of support and interest in updating the bsa, expanding the dome, and staying up with the teams in our league and region that are moving forward in facilities management. An ipf and updated weight room wasn't around in the 80s and 90s...hell the first guys to suit up for su didn't even have friggin facemasks on their Helmets for Christ's sake yet they aren't shown in any of the "evolution of tradition" pics of the bison helmets from years past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.