Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI post-game thoughts.

Default Re: UNI post-game thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    And it took that crack broadcast team almost a full quarter to realize he was injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Yes. I can see why.
    Attachment 6299
    Attachment 6300
    Not trying to be funny with the white/black, but look at them. These two guys couldn't be further apart in build if they tried.
    They wear diffent numbers apparently.
    They are blood brothers. Don't you see the resemblance?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They are blood brothers. Don't you see the resemblance?
    Of course! Didn't notice the ties!

Or is it 'tie'?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Piling on. They knew who was in the game. They just didn't know why.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you are saying but there are a couple of different dynamics you are missing here. While I will not condone any one of these student/athletes being berated, criticism does go with the game. They are adults now and made a decision to make their participation in athletics part of their education experience. That experience is incredible. There are not many situations a college age person can put themselves where they subject themselves to such a high level of pressure to perform on both the field and in the classroom where their life isn't on the line or business failure an end result. I have endlessly applauded their efforts in taking advantage of these learning opportunities and it comes with people being critical of their performance. There are a lot of student/athletes benefitting from the generosity of those paying for their education and they do want to be entertained. Is it 100% right? Probably not, but I don't think it is 100% wrong either. There should be a balance where their participation is recognized as part of the education process, the criticism should reflect that, and the investment made by Bison boosters and fans should also be balanced towards the enrichment extra curricular activities bring the institution and not merely the entertainment value having a pseudo minor league football team some believe we have. I think there have been some student/athletes who can't handle the pressure and have made other choices. I do think there have been many others who have embraced the challenge and handle the pressure with maturity and value the learning experience. I do not think any student/athlete deserves to be called out on the carpet for anything as they are not professionals and they are still learning their craft. I do think most people here can responsibly criticize without berating. We are still talking about adults, making adult decisions, with adult consequences, and going into the decision knowing there are expectations. When individuals have been berated, it has been handled pretty well here. Criticism is part of the process.
    I agree 100% you hit the nail on the head better than I did.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Aside from Austin Kuhnert on NDSU's side, there were 4 or 5 UNI injuries, does anyone know who they all were?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Fans like that we don't need. Even with all the mistakes it was one of the most exciting games I've been to and I've been going since 1983.
    No doubt, I don't have a long history as being a Bison fan, but I have seen at least a half dozen games that were for sure in doubt that the Bison have had great finishes. I myself when I can look back on it would love to have more games have this kind of excitement. But will admit that while I am there watching at the moment would rather see us win 53-0 in a complete blowout. K St, GSU, SDSU, ISU (red) to name a few, Kansas St still being my favorite even though GSU was my favorite Fargodome game.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Special teams were very solid, felt like we were gonna break one of those kick returns for a TD.

On CJ's pick, he could have drawn a flag. He drove the receiver out of bounds and then turned and made the catch. Official threw his hat for the receiver being out of bounds and I was expecting him to grab the flag. A flag there would have kept the drive going and we could have been down even more in the first half.

UNI's run defense was solid. Our line made some holes but UNI closed them quickly.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz04 View Post
    Aside from Austin Kuhnert on NDSU's side, there were 4 or 5 UNI injuries, does anyone know who they all were?
    Farley and Kollmorgen. Farley with an ankle, Kollmorgen concussion like symptoms. I remember one of their D lineman going down. Don't remember the others.

TEs need to be more consistent pass catchers. They could be q dangerous threat.

Also why punt from the opponents 35? Just baffling.

Regarding Farley decision to keep it on the ground on last drive, this seems to be a perfect example of "hind sight is 20-20". Basically we all know that regardless of the decision, if it works it was correct and if it does not work it was wrong. I chuckle because against SDSU many ripped our staff a new one for passing instead of running three times on the last drive. This was Farley's strategy against us and now many are questioning why he didn't pass. Thoughts?