Page 20 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Tailgating Policy

Default Re: Football Tailgating Policy

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I don't understand this, at all. They have a track record today that will protect them as long as there isn't 10% more reserved tailgating. But the second Teammakers gets another marginal dollar that all goes out the window? Are we talking about more tailgating or a larger reserved tailgating section or both? In any case I'm not sure why all the goodwill would go out the window the second there's an expansion? Seems to me that in the event there's ever an issue the nanny's will either get their way or they won't.
    I was referring to the idea of a totally separate lot opened up for tailgating with ETOH. That's one of the suggestions I've heard thrown around. Past history would be hard to apply to that lot. The current setup is still kept on a pretty tight leash but the track record is good. I don't see the need for a new lot for all 6 games as we don't typically fill for the later games now. But, any new lot would have to develop it's own track record for no problems and the first games would be critical.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    The idiots in charge don't give a crap because they have all the perks.
    Now come on this just isn't true. NDSU has managed the growth of the last 5 years tremendously well. Can things change, sure and they will but they have taken a measured approach to everything from tickets to tailgaiting. Just think back to what the gameday experience was a short 4 years ago. If you want to start pulling donations hell go for it but it will not be the NDSU administration that will be seen as the idiot if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I was referring to the idea of a totally separate lot opened up for tailgating with ETOH. That's one of the suggestions I've heard thrown around. Past history would be hard to apply to that lot. The current setup is still kept on a pretty tight leash but the track record is good. I don't see the need for a new lot for all 6 games as we don't typically fill for the later games now. But, any new lot would have to develop it's own track record for no problems and the first games would be critical.
    It's weird to me that when it comes to drinking inside the FargoDome there was this huge equity issue. But outside the FargoDome apparently the decision makers are quite comfortable discriminating against some people.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Now come on this just isn't true. NDSU has managed the growth of the last 5 years tremendously well. Can things change, sure and they will but they have taken a measured approach to everything from tickets to tailgaiting. Just think back to what the gameday experience was a short 4 years ago. If you want to start pulling donations hell go for it but it will not be the NDSU administration that will be seen as the idiot if you do.
    People can do what they feel is necessary. The rationale for a "measured approach" is ridiculous and baseless. Just because you want to side with the "idiots" go right ahead and stick your head in the sand. This issue won't go away.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    This issue won't go away.
    Actually if you look at the history these issues will be gone in about 45 days when the high temp is in the 40's not the 80's.

It's weird to me that when it comes to drinking inside the FargoDome there was this huge equity issue. But outside the FargoDome apparently the decision makers are quite comfortable discriminating against some people.
    Don't believe everything you read. I don't think there was any widespread support for it throughout the Dome.

I think plenty of people wouldn't care if it was in the suites.

As for outside, there's no discrimination. Anybody of age can consume in the West lots.

Don't believe everything you read. I don't think there was any widespread support for it throughout the Dome.

I think plenty of people wouldn't care if it was in the suites.

As for outside, there's no discrimination. Anybody of age can consume in the West lots.
    And yet, somehow, that perception managed to kill (or at least delay) the legal availability of alcohol anywhere inside the facility during a football game.

So outside they're only discriminating against people who want to grill their own hamburgers?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I don't see the need for a new lot for all 6 games as we don't typically fill for the later games now.
    But where are they supposed to go when they fill up? You will have another disaster (yes, it WAS a mess) on Oct. 10; just glad I have a confirmation I am going to. Folks will break rules that they deem dumb and this started for the first time and will only grow. You can have control or no control.

In the short term, I think there is a very simple solution. You find some grassy area further west in the industrial park and just use it for overflow tailgating. Then, when it cools down, the West lot will be plenty. This is a perfectly reasonable compromise.

And yet, somehow, that perception managed to kill (or at least delay) the legal availability of alcohol anywhere inside the facility during a football game.

So outside they're only discriminating against people who want to grill their own hamburgers?
    I'm pretty sure that you can't publicly consume alcohol in a lot of places in Fargo. Can you consume in Fargo Parks? If so, what are the restrictions? You can grill burgers in the East lot at the Fargodome and do most anything else that people are doing while tailgating in the West lots. The only real exception is consumption of alcohol. I believe that is a joint decision of NDSU, the Dome Authority, and FPD. It may be heavily influenced by security and Policing issues. I do know that FPD does not have unlimited resources so that might have something to do with expansion decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    But where are they supposed to go when they fill up? You will have another disaster (yes, it WAS a mess) on Oct. 10; just glad I have a confirmation I am going to. Folks will break rules that they deem dumb and this started for the first time and will only grow. You can have control or no control.

In the short term, I think there is a very simple solution. You find some grassy area further west in the industrial park and just use it for overflow tailgating. Then, when it cools down, the West lot will be plenty. This is a perfectly reasonable compromise.
    Simple solution for people who break rules they deem to be dumb is to issue a citation if it is unlawful. I'm quite sure Fargo ordinances and NDSU policy covers this. Actually, I have no problem with opening a grass lot for overflow tailgating. Whether it is as "simple" as you say is uncertain. I don't know if FPD has the manpower to police it. Like I said earlier, if that was ever tried, it better go smoothly or it won't happen again. Just the way things work.