Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: New Renderings - SDSU Stadium

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: New Renderings - SDSU Stadium

within 5 years we will have the 3rd best facilities with UND nipping at our heels.

SDSU-new expandable football stadium, world class IPF and frost
    USD-new basketball arena, redone dome with all new configuration and seating on "student side."
    UND-phase 1 & 2 of Awesome IPF and at least have plans for new stadium in long term campus planning.

Now, I wouldn't trade our tradition for any of the above but we have to keep pace. Congrats to SDSU though...

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    You are apologizing for them dragging their heals. HD video boards are not new technology. They still had tube TV's all over the concourse. That is "strategic?"
    So you whine about tailgaiting, whine about the facilities, yet you whine you can't get season tickets. The dome is very fiscally responsible with its upgrades and when they do it they do it right. I would rather have it right than have it first.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    So you whine about tailgaiting, whine about the facilities, yet you whine you can't get season tickets. The dome is very fiscally responsible with its upgrades and when they do it they do it right. I would rather have it right than have it first.
    I wouldn't quite go as far as saying they do it right....when the corner video boards were put in, they were already outdated and too small...and the tube tv's were just replaced this year.

They are trying somewhat and that is far as I would credit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I wouldn't quite go as far as saying they do it right....when the corner video boards were put in, they were already outdated and too small...and the tube tv's were just replaced this year.

They are trying somewhat and that is far as I would credit them.
    Someone stated (Bisonguy?) that the wiring infrastructure likely wasn't in for massive "video" upgrades until this year. Is it a pain sometimes to wait for things? Yes but when you're dealing with a taxpayer owned entity your constrained to what the budget allows you to do. At least they haven't sat on their hands and done nothing for 20 years like some taxpayer owned entities do. From all accounts videoboard upgrades are in the works. Things take time and when you have something going on most days of the year it gets tough to work around schedules to do some of these, where as football only stadiums only are busy in the fall.

Default New Renderings - SDSU Stadium

Oops double post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442557106.352703.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1442557154.499217.jpgjust an update for you guys as to what the upgrades look like to date if you haven't seen pics yet and some perspective as to how big the new west side will be. These were taken by guys on sdsufans so apologies for not remembering who they were. I hear Death Star music in the back of my head when I look at the west side pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442557106.352703.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1442557154.499217.jpgjust an update for you guys as to what the upgrades look like to date if you haven't seen pics yet and some perspective as to how big the new west side will be. These were taken by guys on sdsufans so apologies for not remembering who they were. I hear Death Star music in the back of my head when I look at the west side pic.
    I understand there are a few issues left to address, but have every confidence that they will be worked out by the third.

Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Heard we were going with the cone option.