Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Post game thoughts

Default Re: Post game thoughts

[QUOTE=ZHerd;1033058]His fast pace offense was very fluid with a new group of guys. And his team before Montana averaged more snaps per game than any team in college ball. Sorry not anyone can just do that. I think he is very good. That team will probably torch pretty much everyone that they play[/QUOT

When Musberger called him a "Riverboat Gambler," I had to laugh. That's a name that's been stuck on many a coach...and it often goes to their heads and makes them do foolish things in games to live up to their reputation. I do believe that teams need to go for it on 4th down more, rather than punt...which is a Stitt trademark, apparently. Again though, that's not exactly a new idea brought forth by Stitt.

Bargaining. We're halfway home.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    His fast pace offense was very fluid with a new group of guys. And his team before Montana averaged more snaps per game than any team in college ball. Sorry not anyone can just do that. I think he is very good. That team will probably torch pretty much everyone that they play
    Safe assumption considering there is no defense in the Big Sky

Wasn't their a fan/player incident @ EWU last year too?

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    Wasn't their a fan/player incident @ EWU last year too?
    all part of the rocky mountain "high". A couple of friends that went to thegame and hung out with some griz fans after the game thought that their fan base was a great group and a few of them commented on the Morlock incident and didn't blame Morlock at all.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by I'mWithNOSIB View Post
    Safe assumption considering there is no defense in the Big Sky
    Hopefully that stands true for our next 2 opponents

Credit to Montana for publicly stating that should never happen and apologizing. Classy way to handle it.

BTW, the vast majority of Griz fans were great. We were out there Thursday through Sunday and had a blast. Very friendly people and great area.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    That was my point, you commented and made your opinion known before you saw the video. Your tune changed after you saw the video but to me you were clearly judging him before seeing the video. That's why it's generally better to wait for the facts to come out.

I didn't defend anything, I just don't think it's fair to jump all over a college kid for what you heard he may have done.
    Here was my original comment:

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Sorry guys, unless the NDSU player felt physically threatened, there is absolutely no place for violence. Sorry your guy's feelings were hurt, but you can't punch someone because they are an asshole. If an SDSU player hit a fan under the described circumstances, I would want them off the team. If the fan put hands on the player, different story. Just my opinion.
    My opinion is the same and hasn't changed. If a player is threatened, they have the right to defend themselves. If not, I would want them off the team.

A fan tallking shit isn't threatening. A fan putting their hands on a player is.

I'm done with this now, feel free to put as many words in my mouth as you want. I won't comment again.

Another thought I haven't seen brought up, as much as the 2nd rollout pass call baffled me, what bothered me the most was that we snapped the ball with 6 seconds left on the play clock. Those extra 5 second would've been huge even with the incomplete.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    My first comment on this was before the video was posted.

Frankly, it is pretty shocking how so many here unequivocally supported the actions before a video was posted. You don't get a free pass to throw a punch at someone for getting in your face. That doesn't seem to fit the situation, so like I said in the post you quoted, I don't have an issue with the NDSU player's actions.
    I am so tired of every SDSU fan's "holier than thou" bullshit. If [insert SDSU player] were in Morlock's situation, he would have most certainly walked away and prayed on it. Over 10 pages of bullshit on your forum gushing about the loss and "meltdown." Save it troll.