Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the fair market value to see the Bison play?

Default Re: What is the fair market value to see the Bison play?

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Bisonville -- I think many of you have a better feel for this than I do. I also think many of you have more experience attending other college football games around the country. (I've only been to a handful.) I know that there are many factors that influence the dynamics of secondary ticket pricing, but my question essentially boils down to this:

What is the fair market value to see the Bison play football? In other words, how much are people willing to pay for tickets on the secondary market?

But also -- how does that compare to other FCS teams? Other FBS teams? What are the hottest tickets out there among all regular season college football games?

For example, I was able to get tickets to the Montana game for $100, and my wife thought that was crazy expensive. But I see on Stubhub that the median sold price is right around $200/ticket for that game.

Next example is the UND game where the Stubhub median sold price is over $250. I'm still surprised that this game is commanding such high prices. I guess it is the historical draw of a "renewed rivalry." (Cough, cough)

I don't know where to find a more comprehensive source of sold ticket prices across many games, and it takes awhile to look them up on Stubhub individually, but I poked around for a few other Montana games as well as some P5 games. My limited research didn't show any other teams with multiple games in a year where the median price is over $200 at this point in the season. That just seems crazy to me!

Does anyone here have some perspective that they can share?
    Every game is variable. How well are the Bison doing? How good is the opposing team. Demand for the game? Time of the year. Home or away game? Whats YOUR budget. For some they have more disposable income so they are willing to pay more. It all comes down to what anyone person is willing to pay for that game. It wasnt too long ago people were giving away tickets in the parking lots. Now its a different market.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How much did I pay for the 3-year Frisco packs?

$109 each.

That much.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For example, I was able to get tickets to the Montana game for $100, and my wife thought that was crazy.[/QUOTE]
    I found your problem, from now on tell her they were 20 bucks. I honestly feel 100 was a good deal and for the memories it will be worth it!
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Paid $150 each for 4 tickets for the Iowa State game last year. Seats up on the second deck but around the 40 yard line, surrounded by a bunch of ISU hotheads that got quieter and quieter as the game rolled on. Very enjoyable. Called rude by a lady in front of me and I thanked her for her comment.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Paid $150 each for 4 tickets for the Iowa State game last year. Seats up on the second deck but around the 40 yard line, surrounded by a bunch of ISU hotheads that got quieter and quieter as the game rolled on. Very enjoyable. Called rude by a lady in front of me and I thanked her for her comment.
    Jeezus, really? We paid less than that to sit on the damn field lol
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Jeezus, really? We paid less than that to sit on the damn field lol

Yyyyyyyep!
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

All the games I've sold tickets in the lobby there are usually a good amount of people selling tickets. I think I was only able to sell one of mine over face value at that point of the week once. I've even done it on "high" demand games such as SDSU. Finding face value for most Bison games is probably doable. Depending on how many people you have and how keen you are on sitting together. Had a group of 6 people last year wanted all their tickets together, had enough people selling in lobby to get their 6 tickets but sitting together was a priority for them for whatever reason. Was a group of like 17-18 year olds so not like they weren't "big" enough to sit on their own. They did eventually somehow get 6 tickets at the ticket window about 15-20 mins before game time not really sure if ticket office had a late return on tickets or what?

The most I paid was $200/ticket for the gopher game. We were front row right on the spot where the interception/pitch/touchdown happened before half. The gopher fans were arrogant as he!! and couldn't believe the tickets sold so high. It was well worth it.

Bison football is just plain great football. Vikings and gophers get your hopes up and then f--- it away.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tough negotiating from Kansas City. Wasn't going to drive up there without tickets. No complaints about paying $150, it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Tough negotiating from Kansas City. Wasn't going to drive up there without tickets. No complaints about paying $150, it was worth it.
    Nothing wrong with that idea. I am generally in agreement that it doesn't really bother me if I have to pay a lot for tickets. I think the most I paid was for K-State tickets, but it was 1st row 40 yard line NDSU sideline for around $150. Couldn't go wrong.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.