What a night! There surely have been a lot of rational and irrational thought flying around this board. Obviously I am a little shook about this whole thing too. Instead of my usual morning coffee, I have a single malt scotch and water in front of me.

Why Wyoming?
Bohl took the Wyoming job because it truly is a step up from FCS. As much as fans like to thump their chest and howl "Bring on Bama", the program at NDSU is FCS and not likely to move up in the near future (or long term either). NDSU would face many hurdles in such a move.

Money.....
The biggest is money. UW is competing with no other school for the higher ed dollars in WYO. NDSU and UND are constantly locked in funding battles and political battles. North Dakota also has several other state 4 yr. schools that compete for money.

Facilities....
While the Fargodome is a great FCS venue, it would be a horribly sub-par FBS venue. Compared to War Memorial in Laramie (which is on the small side of FBS stadiums) the Fargodome is tiny and cannot be expanded. Also, the football practice facilities are far better in Laramie as well as basketball, etc. NDSU does have the edge on a great baseball facility and WYO does not even sponsor baseball. Here is a link to the WYO facilities....http://www.gowyo.com/facilities/wyo-facilities.html

Conference.....
The Mountain West is arguably the top non-BCS conference in the country. Boise State is an outstanding program and the conference is extremely tough in Basketball. The MVFC/Summit is a good distance behind the MWC.

Stepping stone.....
Clearly Bohl is driven by cash and moving up. WYO offers a very visible place to continue the move up. If Bohl and Company can rehab this mess of a program at WYO, he will be a much hotter commodity that he was at NDSU. And, WYO has everything needed to compete (lots of money) and just needs a decent coach and staff. I think there is no question that this was a driver for Bohl in the decision process.

Coaches and Cash
I have read for some time the plethora of post from fans about Bohl and loyalty to NDSU. I have always said that the money is the driver. I probably was jaded in my perspective as I attended NDSU in the 80's and watched the coaches roll in and out of NDSU as they moved to bigger and better positions. Each time NDSU did pretty well plugging the holes and keeping the winning tradition going. I think the only coach that is truly a Bison is Rocky Hagar. Rocky was indeed loyal to NDSU.

The terms of Bohl's contract with WYO will likely be out today and I suspect when all is considered he will make 5-8 time more at WYO that NDSU and who could blame him for jumping ship. I suspect almost all of us would in the same situation, despite all the wailing and cries of otherwise. That being said, how this entire thing has come down is utterly classless. I have lost a lot of respect for Bohl and his handling of this situation. He really did leave the players hanging out to dry. And, if he wins at WYO, he will probably act the same when leaving. If he is not winning at WYO in 5 years he will be out like shit through a goose. And so it goes with coaches.

The bottom line is that in the statistic that counts......CASH......Wyoming beats NDSU every time. That being said, WYO will probably not get anymore of my cash as this has left a foul taste in my mouth. I think I will not be renewing my Cowboy Joe Club membership next year.....