Thread: Global Warming

Threaded View

Default Re: 2011 Flood

Quote Originally Posted by GradBison View Post
    wow... I've heard the argument that the warming is not man-made and it's a cycle like many others in the history of the planet, but to deny there's warming all together?
    I've stopped caring about whether or not its our fault. This is the only chunk of rock in the know universe capable of supporting our particular variety of life. If the termostat is broken and we want to keep on living more or less the way we've been living then we'd better figure out how to fix it. If we don't the havoc that set loose on society will make Libya look like a quiet Sunday stroll through the park.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 03-08-2011 at 07:18 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie