Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
Taxpayers should 'not' be building palaces for college or professionals to play in. When a great professor gets about 150K and a coach gets 10 million a year... things have really gone to hell. High schools and colleges are supposedly educational institutions. We're way past that. I say club sports and let them fend for themselves. Without the 'image' of a great university to promote what they do... it would be interesting to see how well they do. I'm with you runtheoption.
How many head football coaches are there at that university? How many professors? How much revenue is that football program bringing into the athletic department? How much indirect revenue does the football program bring into the university? How many of us would know about Duke or Villanova or Gonzaga if not for college athletics? How much revenue is brought into the school due to specific professors?

Head coaches of college sports programs are paid in relation to the revenue their sports bring in. That's why the head coach at Alabama makes a lot more than the head coach at Tulane who makes a lot more than the head coach at NDSU who makes more than the head coach at Winona State and so forth.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk