Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
We have sold out 3 games since 2019. It's a trend. Even if we start selling out again, we cant generate revenue without club seats without huge ticket price spikes. We are the only stadium in the conference without club seats. It's ridiculous

We are adding capacity... but not seats. But we cant shut the dome down for 2 years to add significant seats

Were not really dropping 140. It's 50 for the convention center, all paid by outside visitors. Lodging tax cant be used for improvements

So it's 90 million. 30 from the surplus. 60 being spent

But i feel the same way you do about the dome being inept. Its far from perfect but I dont want the perfect to be the enemy of the good
Yes we need club seats, but I think it’s a huge mistake to not spend more $$ to add another 2-3k seats. You’re a fool if you don’t think we’ll sell out more and more if/when FBS hits. We fricken sold out the dome for 9 years straight playing Indiana state. To think “no one will ever be excited about NDSU football as we were to play Indiana state in 2014” is probably not a good strategy. They knew this when they built the dome- room to grow, and now we’re paying 140$ for some excellent bathrooms, a few food stalls and 8-9 more suites.
If I lived in Fargo, I’d vote for it! But I am disappointed and completely not shocked that this is a band aid on a bullet wound