Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
Reading the Summit League's press release things are a bit clearer.

"SLN will be a subscription-based, one-stop shop for all Summit League digital content and serve as the exclusive streaming home for live and on-demand coverage of the member institutions."

This seems pretty cut and dry that any Summit League game/match that is going to be streamed has to be streamed only on the SLN.

So now I have to have ESPN+ for football and MidcoPlus(SLN) for basketball. Yay. This is obviously a better overall approach for the other schools but when a school like NDSU was already making sure their games were on streaming networks it's a downgrade imo. We will see how this affects WDAY Xtra. My guess is they won't be able to stream but can broadcast OTA. Which again, has very little value to me since I don't have cable or a big ass antenna on my roof.
I guess one positive for basketball is games that weren't on ESPN+ in past years (Denver, UMKC?) should now be on SLN.

Curious how any conference championship games on CBSSN the last few years stacked up to the Summit title game on ESPN2 for viewership.