Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
This is a bad take on the Yoder/Dez comparison, Dez is a 10 times better PG than Yoder could ever hope to be. No he hadn't been a great shooter so far in his career but he could get to the rim. And no he didn't play a ton but that's because Greisel was running the point and playing 35 mpg. Yoder shot 40% from 3 in JuCo and couldn't make a 3 to save his life this season and couldn't guard ANYBODY, Dez is an elite on ball defender and a good ball handler, he would've helped us a ton in those 2 aspects early in the year especially. That being said DWT is definitely a better all around player than Dez, excited to see his trajectory over the next few years.
I didn't say Yoder was a better defender or a better PG. I would have liked to have Dez running the point early on too, and maybe he could have provided some stability but I'm simply pointing out Dez wasn't going to be the difference maker some people thought he'd be.

I used the stat comparison to give some perspective on how similar their shooting deficiencies are.

Dave got some guards that I'm excited about and Dez has been passed by. Nothing against Dez.