Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
These guys are very Sam Houston-ish aren't they? Same conference, same high flying offense with loads of big numbers from skill players, same utter domination of lesser conference foes, same pwnage of a Big Sky champ in the playoffs... then they go to Fargo in the semis. We all know how that turned out for SHSU...

UIW's defense is used to playing competitive games for 2-3 quarters only and are now coming off two straight weeks of hyper-competitive games all the way until the end. The Bison offense needs to lean on them and make them break.

The crowd could have a big impact as well... there's no #ButtBama/#ButtCocks/#ButtDawgs for the UIW backers to use as reasons why they won't be intimidated by the Fargodome atmosphere. I'm guessing their FBS game atmosphere was church like since they stomped Nevada with only 14k in (reported) attendance - that was the largest crowd they've played in front of this year (although Sac St reported 13,722 last week and I'd bet that was probably more than Nevada had since all schools fudge their regular season attendance and FCS schools don't in the playoffs). Average attendance for UIW's games so far this year is just under 5k. Let's get loud on Friday night!
Extremely reminiscent of shsu over most of the past decade. Its gonna take turnovers and refs that are really ticky tacky on dpi for uiw to win imo. I think they get embarrassed by ndsu's defense, especially after traveling to sac last week and putting up 66. I'm gonna guess they have 10 points or less entering the 4th qtr. NDSU desperately needs a WR to appear out of no where to win a national championship though.