Combining thoughts from various threads, should football seating in the Dome be completely reset?
Lots of season tickets were not renewed recently for various reasons.
Single seats really aren’t that hard to come by, but groups are tougher. Consolidating those singles will help sell tickets and get new, younger families into long term attendees.
Beer may actually be coming soon, and having wet and dry sections would make it a lot easier to get it approved for what’s generally a much more family friendly event than concerts. I know for sure my group would pick a dry section. Not because we’re prudes but because there’s young children that don’t need to be around that. Every group should be allowed to choose which they want, which can only be done with reseating.
With ticket scanning at the gate NDSU should have a good idea which season tickets are actually being used. I think utilization rates should be a factor in sorting new request priority. This will probably hit corporate seats the hardest, which can’t be ignored though.
Opportunity to update Teammakers dues by section.
Some groups would take better seats if available, and gives others the option to reseat to cheaper seats instead of being priced out entirely.

Reseating is obviously a major event and it’s impossible to make everyone happy. Plenty of institutions have done it before so there’s a general guidebook to follow.

In my ideal world, we’d announce within the month that we’re going to reseat after the 2022 season, with recent attendance being a factor in priority. Should boost 2022 attendance. Publish new seating blocks with dues, with wet/dry sections being assigned based on demand. Let people put in their preference online and set the math nerds loose on the puzzle.