Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
Add me to the list of people that think Larsen is a failure. I emailed him last week just to say I supported the move to FBS and encouraged them to be a little more open with the public about what effort (if any) they were doing. Considering I've made some decent donations to TM and a five year pledge to the IPF I thought I'd at least get some sort of reply. Nope, not a word. I also emailed Matt Lien and never heard back. Funny how fast I heard from Lien though when I made my $5,000 IPF pledge three years ago.

Gene Taylor always responded, even if you were just complaining about Snorty. I wasn't that concerned about moving up earlier, not sure the opportunity was there, but it sure looks like the chance is there now. If they don't give a fuck about the donors, I hate to think how callous the athletic dept is about an FBS conference contact.
You could very well be correct in your assertions. I would put another spin on it right now. Perhaps they are so busy with the FBS phone calls and conversations there is no time to respond to less essential mail. The more callous spin similar to your take is they are already thinking like FBS in an FCS body and don't have time for small to moderate donors. Add two or three zeros to the donation amount and phone calls come back much quicker.
Regardless, it would seem to more prudent to publicly state that FBS aspirations are on the radar if one hopes to get into a conference. Public media can help drive that sentient and make it a cause. That said, in North Dakota such comments in public will only make one a target for derision and harassment. Times are tough, Everything costs too much, We are thinking too big for our britches..., you know.