Thread: Amy Olson 2020 LPGA Season

Threaded View

Default Re: Amy Olson 2020 LPGA Season

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    Always seems to find a hole that gets her number. Doubled #9
    both days. Ouch!! as for me 50 degrees and I'm out. Great
    tournament for Hogie so far. Will be in the final group tomorrow.

She just hasn’t quite had it all clicking since her great finishes in Australia and Scotland DORMIE. Seems like she has had to rely on her perseverance and grit more than she should have to. Looking at many of the names above her on this week’s leaderboard, I’m seeing players ahead of Amy whom I truly believe that last year and early this year also, Amy would have had little problem beating. She has been dropping in the Rolex rankings since last year also. Is it consistency or course management or a combination of things? Time for a new or additional swing coach or something else? Would love to see her return to the sort of play that almost won her a major in France. It seems that whatever it is, she is very close to breaking through like Danielle Kang and Gary Woodland did.

Here is to a solid finish this week, and career efforts for Amy in the United States Open and CME Tour Championship! Who else remembers when she lead the event in Colorado while still an amateur?!?

Like Pete Cowen said to Gary Woodland, “Everyone dies but not everyone lives, and you live for this moment.”

https://www.usga.org/articles/2011/0...474838574.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...d-us-open-golf
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 12-05-2020 at 07:58 AM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.